In Celebration of the CSX.

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
The CSX has been taking a lot of heat lately. I'm sure they make their mistakes, but our experience is that some very fine folks are employed there. They have been very good to us as railfans.

Post your CSX (and predecessor roads) pics here. Let's celebrate the CSX! They are a colorful RR with a history to match!

As a kick off, here's a few taken of fast moving freights on the S&NA sub between Birmingham and Cullman, Al.

2391NB%201.JPG

3691SB5.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
My goal is to get a new camera this year....the camera I used for these pics sux...it has something like 3.2 mega pixel.....

I have another one that is better but did not have it with me it is a 5.2.

I want to get one that is 10.1 or more....big money.... I know about your the XTi you got......I researched it. very nice.... ;) I will be sure to let you know when I pick a new one up!:D

My goal is to get a new camera this year....the camera I used for these pics sux...it has something like 3.2 mega pixel.....

I have another one that is better but did not have it with me it is a 5.2.

I want to get one that is 10.1 or more....big money.... I know about your the XTi you got......I researched it. very nice.... ;) I will be sure to let you know when I pick a new one up!:D

I know what it's like to want a new camera. I wanted my Canon for several years before I bought it.

It's sure fun to play with, a whole new hobby actually. The more I read, the more interesting photography is to me. My next thing will be some decent lenses. The kit lens is definitely a starter affair.

My pics are resized at 72dpi and most are cropped before being sized at 1000x1000 pixels. They still resize to almost 1meg when converted from RAW. The RAW files would be great for wall poster sized prints, lol.

Please keep taking pics and posting them with your current gear. I'm enjoying what you're shooting and posting! :cool: It's all about having fun with your online train buddies, not a photography contest.

Yep I guess so...funnny though....I am a UP modeler and fan but I LOVE ALL TRAINS....a trainmaniac I am!!!!!:p

Great thread Eric, I often feel like a stubborn fan of an unrespected football team, but CSX is the only game in my area. My compliments to all contributors [so far].

Here's a few oldies from my archives. Glad I saved all my RailImages stuff before their old server went offline. Quality isn't too great on some of these, but I couldn't always get the Sun to cooperate with me...:rolleyes:

CSX_ac4400_356.jpg

CSX_7710_side_rear.jpg

CSX_RDMT_2212.jpg

CSX_sd50_8602.jpg

CSX_sd40-2_8312.jpg

CSX_gp40-2_6012-1.jpg

CSX_gp38-2_2520-1.jpg

CSX_meet_at_Woodstock.jpg

CSX_ac4400_508-1.jpg

Lovin the pics guys! :cool:

Ken, I see CSX6012 head on and as it passed, but there's also one of a meet with it and CSX 2522. Were these taken the same day?

Northbound freight smoking across the Mulberry Fork on the S&NA Sub.
9418Crossing%20Mulberry%20Fork.JPG

Wet Paint!
1211CSX8729.JPG

The first pic of the lead post in this thread shows a freight on a trestle. Here's a better shot of the trestle. Back in the L&N days, it was double tracked. :cool: It's amazing to watch trains with 3 and 4 locomotives in the consist cross it a speed. The locos seem to get "out of sync" with each other and look to be each moving vertically up and down about a foot or so. When one is going up and the next going down, it's a sight to behold.
Trafford_Trestle.JPG

CSX...they're everywhere!

Leading a freight in North Dakota, near Williston.
And south of Montreal, Quebec.

Regards,

René

Very very impressive and beautiful pictures Alcomotive Ken L and grande man.
Gm: thanks! you kept your promise!=) ( nice trees too!!lol)

Jos

SP-SD9right picture:" Howla, die kiept bijna om" Great pictures too, René!!

Great pics guys. :cool:

René, I love the shot of the centerbeams in the curve.

Paul, Thanks for showing the personal side of the CSX. The CSX people we've run into have been fantastic to us laymen.

Back