Improved track joiners with spring steel for repeated use (Brass, HO, N Scale)

So my kids found my old box of train parts, all brass track, and have set it up on the floor a few times.
There's no permanent space for a "layout".

Are there premium track joiners made with additional contact points and "spring" steel, that could hold
up to multiple joining operations? The brass ones are bent of out shape easily and then fail to make perfect
contact. They'd be fine if soldered, but see paragraph number one on that.

Do premium joiners exist? Gold contacts? Leaf springs? Spring steel?

I second that question for N-scale! I was planning on getting MicroEngineering's joiners. However, some report that they're difficult or impossible to insert.

So my kids found my old box of train parts, all brass track, and have set it up on the floor a few times. Are there premium track joiners made with additional contact points and "spring" steel, that could hold
up to multiple joining operations?
No, not that I know of. Generally one would not want a joiner made out of a different type of metal than the track anyway due to galvanic corrosion issues. Since it is brass track stick with brass or nickel-silver joiners. Nickel-silver is just a different compound of brass.

The brass ones are bent of out shape easily and then fail to make perfect contact.
I don't use railjoiners repeatedly. For the most part, once they have been joined and then disconnected I replace them with new. I'm guessing a whole box of new joiners would be cheaper than a single pair of the proposed premium joiners.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back