impack spine cars...

You didn't happen to get any pictures did you?

I've been searching all over for the ACe & M-2 shots. I've found thumbnails on train orders, but I'm not paying to see a picture.

I hope Athearn DOES release a spine. Those Maxi-I cars are SWEET, so I'd guess the spines will be too!

Sorry man I didn't have my camera with.. I've only been waiting 2 years now for the UP Heritage engines all on back order, delay after delay.

You didn't happen to get any pictures did you?

I've been searching all over for the ACe & M-2 shots. I've found thumbnails on train orders, but I'm not paying to see a picture.

I hope Athearn DOES release a spine. Those Maxi-I cars are SWEET, so I'd guess the spines will be too!

A friend of mine sent me some pics of the ACe and Athearn Spine Car. They are both looking excellent! Sorry I can't post the pics here, but they are not mine.

The Athearn Spine car is a 3 unit 3-53' / 6-28' setup. It looks just as good as the Maxi-I cars. I can't wait!

A friend of mine sent me some pics of the ACe and Athearn Spine Car. They are both looking excellent! Sorry I can't post the pics here, but they are not mine.

The Athearn Spine car is a 3 unit 3-53' / 6-28' setup. It looks just as good as the Maxi-I cars. I can't wait!
Sweet! Thats gonna be AWESOME. I wish they'd do the Triple 57 and 5 unit 53 also.

Sweet! Thats gonna be AWESOME. I wish they'd do the Triple 57 and 5 unit 53 also.

Minor correction. The Athearn car <i>is</i> a 3 unit 57' spine car, not a 53' spine car. AFAIK, there are no real (3 unit) 53' spine cars out there, just 5 unit ones unless there's some recent rebuilding going on where platforms are being reduced to 3 per car. The 57' spine cars are the only ones with a hitch on both ends of each platform as nothing else is long enough. There are, however, some 57' spines with only one hitch per platform due to hitch shortages. I think some of these cars are being mistaken as 53' spines because of the one hitch.

Russ

Back