I'm not a railway modeller

BigJ2713

Hi, I'm not an active railway modeller, model aviation was my passion. I am an engineer by trade, conversant with Computer Aided Design and have a laser cutter in my workshop to this end I have made and sold ballast spreaders on ebay for many years. More recently I developed a range of helices which are different to the others on the market. I'm not sure of the forum rules here with regards to promoting / selling via a forum, I'm not trying to do either really. I really enjoy the laser and CAD work, if any members want fag packet sketches converted into precision laser cut items, just get in touch, I'm more than happy to help.

Kind Regards - John

Hi John!
You can probably show off your work without making a sales pitch, might not ruffle feathers.
Its interesting seeing what can be done with “new” technology!

I'm more than happy to help you guys, I'm amazed at what you achieve, detail is amazing and so realistic.

I really wary of offending the site owners / admin, I am happy to contribute to the forum and to help members. I have designed, cut, built and flown many model aircraft but I haven't done anything from a model rail perspective other than ballast spreaders and now Helices. I have received good feedback on all of the items produced so far, sometimes a fresh pair of eyes comes up with good solutions.

Anything that’s not blatantly selling is allowed. If you want to sell something, there is a sub-forum here for buying/selling where you can post. Try to keep the sales posts down to one or two active threads at a time.

Welcome! There are many similarities between the two hobbies. RC technology is all over model railroading.

Welcome! There are many similarities between the two hobbies. RC technology is all over model railroading.
I thought it was all done through the tracks rather than radio with model rail, then again with 2.4GHz technology it would be easy, in fact probably easier than through the tracks.

Every day an education, I've got loads to learn.

Would she like a Helix do you think ?

I dont know how true some of these stories are, if there is any truth it's a very sad situation.

Hello John, let me try it this way, I don't see the response I sent you back on the ninth in the messages.....actually I responded via e-mail because that was how model railroad forums had notified me that I had a message from you. Anyway, here are the numbers for the helices.....
and the opening for the lift-out.
Thanks for your time, Jerry

Attachments

• IMG_20210705_064943277.jpg
    IMG_20210705_064943277.jpg
    516.4 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20210710_024705120.jpg
    IMG_20210710_024705120.jpg
    459.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20210710_024752551.jpg
    IMG_20210710_024752551.jpg
    475.1 KB · Views: 99