I'm new so hey.

joshjefflawn

Espeerailfan#1
Howdy Yall,
My name is Josh. I live in the great state of Oregon, although it is rather liberal for myself, but step out side of politics it is one of the best places for rail fanning.
I am a big Espee fan, even though I was a huge UP fan when I was a kid. When I first heard that espee and UP were going to be one railroad I thought that was going to be the coolest thing ever. I thought I would see Espee and UP locos running together. But unfortunatly that didn't happen.
As far as modeling I am modeling the Southern Pacific, as if they never were bought out by UP, infact in my world espee bought out Union Pacific in 2000. No offence to any UP fans, I don't hate them or anything, I just miss old espee, so I will keep em runnin.
My goal is to get a couple SD70MAC, SD90/43Macs into espee.
I also am planning to create a home railroad called Oregon North Western, who will take over for who will be a subsidary of espee and handle train movements from Eugene to Portland and handle the Siskue line.
So i guess the main reason I joined this forum is to get advice on painting, and also talk about general train stuff.
Well talk to ya later,
Josh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, Josh. I can't help you with the painting since I have never done it, but I am sure you will get lots of solid help.

-Crandell

Welcome aboard Josh. You have definitely found the right forum for advice on pretty much every aspect of model railroading. The folks around here are incredible when it comes to ideas, experience, and helpfulness. Your idea for your home railroad sounds pretty good, I would like to have a similar setup in my world. :)

Welcome aboard Josh!!! You'll find a lot of great people on here that are always very friendly and helpful!!!

Welcome aboard, Josh. Like Chip, I spent about 30 years living on the NWP line back in the glory days of 6 and 7 SD-9's hauling 100 car trains of lumber. What a difference. now. :( Great area to model though.

Just a general question that came to mind looking at your post. We alwats seem to give the railway companies short nick names like Pennsy, Ma & Pa etc, so why do we lenghten SP to Espee? Probably no real answer, just curious. Jerry

Just a general question that came to mind looking at your post. We alwats seem to give the railway companies short nick names like Pennsy, Ma & Pa etc, so why do we lenghten SP to Espee? Probably no real answer, just curious. Jerry

Perhaps it is the act of changing initials into a word? We humans sometimes just can't seem to leave things alone.

Maybe it's just one of those imponderables. :confused:

Back