I'm all thumbs

Sundance71

I have six older n scale passenger cars with Rapido couplers, and I want to covert them to knuckle couplers. I have purchased several (like a lot) Micro Trains Line 4-Wheel and 6-Wheel Passenger Car Trucks with adjustable couplers ... MT 1017 and 1018 ... and CANNOT get them assembled.

The screw to attach the coupler to the truck is much, much too small for me to deal with. To compound matters, the knuckle coupler box is quite fragile, and I can't reassemble it after it pops open and the miniature spring goes flying! I have ruined five truck/coupler sets so far and have reached my limit. I've looked and looked for passenger car trucks with fully assembled couplers and been told no such animal exists.

I would gladly pay someone to assemble these truck assemblies! Does anyone know someone who could help?

I can't help because N scale is too small for me. But where are you located? We might have a member close by who could meet you somewhere and help; or there might be a club located nearby where someone might be of assistance.

I’d also check with your local hobby shop.
Another option would be send them away to someone who can help?

Sundance: Walthers sells a Kadee tool for gripping small screws for under $10.00 and I have one that I use often.

Walther's Part Number: 380-239

This should solve your problems of installing the smallest of screws.

1634936032754.png

Greg......

I've used a magnetized screw driver for mounting coupler screws after converting to Kadee couplers. A very useful suggestion from Jerry.

Greg

Back