If you won the lottery...

bob

Administrator
Staff member
A commercial for the Washington State Lottery. Steve Carter, who's active over on RailroadForums.com, was involved in the shooting of this commercial. The prototype scenes were filmed at the Northwest Railway Museum in Snoqualmie, WA

[YOUTUBE]8HZmfHr3ob4[/YOUTUBE]

That layout isn't real. Well, it is, but it's a jumble of several modules combined with a plastic tunnel portal for the intro effect. They used a garage in Seattle for the set.

Steve was laughing about how they plunked a coaling tower down in the middle of a park, since they liked the effect of having a foreground object.

Pretty funny. It is a sad commentary on our society that a lot of folks who win the lottery actually do things about that stupid with the money.

He is smiling, that makes it non stupid, since its his money.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose

When I win the lottery about the only things I would need is a modest home in a rocky mountain state with a nice garage housing a small fleet of about four early 1970's porsche 911's.

All I know is, if I were to win a Solyndra-sized lottery, you betcha I'm gettin' me an Alco!

Jim (not that one)

If I would win I would first make sure my family was all set. Then I would build a warehouse as big as I could. I would then have a hobby store in the front and a huge layout in the back. And maybe even some retired rail cars and engines out side. Why not we only live once. I would keep everything else the same. Oh I would get a newer Corvette as my 91 has seen better days.

Jake

I am a bit surprised that on a modelrailroad forum, someone is suggesting that spending your money on a hobby is stupid, but I guess it takes all kinds.

If i won the lotto, we'de be out of our 1 bedroom apartment so my son can have his own room and backyard. I'de hire one of those layout builders to build me a sweet azz layout. Load up on some rolling stock and a few more engines. Then buy my Porsche 911 GT2 and Aston Martin DB9 muahahahahahaha

If I won the lottery I'd lay some 1:1 scale track in my yard!
Oh wait... I already did! :rolleyes:
Very cool video!

If you won the lottery and wanted to run a real loco then the best thing to do would be to find a museum that runs trains. You can then purchase a loco and donate it to the museum which should be tax deductible then work it out with the museum so you can come to run it. LOL

I guess that was last comment was aimed at me, so I will reply.

I did not say spending money on a hobby was stupid. I said that spending a fortune on buying a real locomotive to get the mail from the end of your driveway was stupid.

I will stand by that statement.

Well there you go. Think about what you said. Buying a locomotive to get your mail must not be a hobby, by your definition.

What IS a Hobby, under your rules?

Just making a point.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose

If I won the lottery, like the Powerball or something crazy I would buy an abandoned rail line that runs through the next town over and convert it to a railroad museum. I would also get a house with a big basement and have a layout that I could work on all the time and run trains. :)

Why do I need to win the lottery? :confused: I already have more N scale coal cars than anyone else in my neighborhood. :eek:

We-ell, you could always do what this fellow on another forum says he does in his sig.
[I spend all of my money on booze, whores, and drugs. The rest I waste]

Back