I love ebay!!!!

wongsing

I just scored an Atlas Chessie GP40 new, in box for just 36.88!!!! I now have 3 engines for my layout. I have already experienced the quality of an Atlas engine before and I love it. :rolleyes: Yeah, I know they sell up there all the time, but I'm REALLY happy about it! This is the second good deal I've gotten off of ebay....has anyone else got real good model railroading deals off of there? Just wondering!?

-Rich

P2K GP30 for $35 shipped. Josh will have some better deal though.

-Smoke

Lets see here... 3 Walthers CSX Gunderson High Cube Boxcars all NIB for 17.55, A CSX and a UP SD70M together NIB for 115.98.

I've never bought anything off EBay, but have a few friends that have had real good luck selling RR items on there. If you don't live in an area that has great train shows like I do, then EBay would probably be the best place for great deals. I've gotten fantastic deals at train show/swap meets in the last 5 years.

lets see
Walthers/Cornerstone moutain side sawmill list 49.95 paid 25. w/ shipping NIB
2 Atlas single dome tankers with accumate couplers 15.00 NIB
2 Alco engines one RS-1 and RS-3 50.00 NIB
a refinery for my chemical plant 20.00 assembled
some scale lumber and a few bulkhead flats:D :D

and I just got a whole bunch of houses and cottages for 20 bucks used but looked to be in great shape AND I DON't HAVE GLUE ANYTHING :D

P2K GP30 for $35 shipped. Josh will have some better deal though.

-Smoke
Josh as in me? I'm won't get to deep, but I won my first E8/9's this past week, $12 for an E8/9 Chassis, powered (only need the dummy B now!), and $32 for an Undec E8/9A, both P2K. About the same as you.

On the other hand, I just got 3 Athearn 55 ton 2 bay hoppers for use on my Dad's layout for $.99!

I'll stop there, after this, I passed on a $20 GP60B...:eek:

Those GP30's are sweet! I was JUST about to bid on a Chessie GP30 before I won the GP40! You guys seem to have some great luck on ebay! On the other hand, I wish there were more train shows that I could go to! I guess there is one in September...maybe I could get some good stuff there....

-Rich

I don't do E-bay anywhere near what I used to. But have gotten some great deals. Once I got a Hobbytown universal Gp chassis for 15.00. I paid the day I won thru Pay-pal and the dealer was so pleased he threw in some floquil paint and a couple of walthers cars!

I just yesterday recieved 5 custom painted East Broad Top cars....a baggage, an observation, a bobber, a regular and a snowplow caboose. They aren't top of the line cars but well detailed, slightly weathered and were all boxed in a set that was marked $50...but I got it for $35. And I was happy...I can say I've been a eBayer since 98' and have bought and sold allot on there and dealing with train people I only ever got one item that the guy wasn't totally honest on the condition. But maybe he didn't know much about it.

Josh as in me? I'm won't get to deep, but I won my first E8/9's this past week, $12 for an E8/9 Chassis, powered (only need the dummy B now!), and $32 for an Undec E8/9A, both P2K. About the same as you.

On the other hand, I just got 3 Athearn 55 ton 2 bay hoppers for use on my Dad's layout for $.99!

I'll stop there, after this, I passed on a $20 GP60B...:eek:
Yes you,
Your always saying "I just got this off of ebay" and it's always a good deal.

$20 for a GP60B and you passed!!! What were you thinking.
Wouldn't that have gone along well with the his and hers GP60M?:D

-Smoke

Deals on eBay huh...well there's my truck (in 1:1 scale), my pool table (in 1:1 scale), and, oh yeah, lots of trains :) I have a sizable collection of A-line and RPP parcel trailers and containers, NJI UPS delivery van kits, a UPS hub building kit, at least a half dozen 5-unit spine car kits, and tons of Walthers trailers to (someday) build a UPS hub and intermodal facility...

I gotta chime in on this thread, I just picked up a used but complete and very good condition Metcal soldering iron on ebay. It will be perfect for soldering my feeder wired on to the track.

I buy a fair amount of stuff on eBay. Usually the stuff you can't really find anywhere else. This would include brass. Or, the one-off custom stuff.

Kennedy

I buy 75% of my stuff on eBay, thats part of the reason I get so many deals, I spend do dang much time there. The only thing I have to admit thats sucks, is, well I still have to pay for it all in the end (not that everyone else here doesn't). Oh, just got one of 3 Mi-jack cranes for my Layout today...

i'm haveing a GREAT time on ebay at present, American stuff's selling for good money in the UK and i'm getting some great british Bachmann stuff for good prices. in the past month i have filled a filing cabinet drawer full with coal and ballast cars, and i just got this new loco for £43, shop price £65 a real bargain. And even better there is a firm doing an ESU sound decoder for this model
It's a class 57 freight loco painted for freightliner heavy haul and will Sound like this
32750DC_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I go to ebay when a particular loco or car that I want is O-O-P, otherwise I prefer to buy from the LHS (mine offers eveything at 25% below MSRP)

Back