I just completed my farm scene

Motley

I've been getting a lot of scenery work done on my layout. I just finished the farm scene.

Let me know what you think....

P1000378_1.jpg

P1000385_1.jpg

P1000370_1.jpg

P1000368_1.jpg

P1000360_1.jpg

Looks good. :)

Only thing I can think of is to mess with the tractor a bit. Maybe push it into the ground a little? Most of the tractors I've seen have a lot more squish in the tires.

Very nice Michael, where are the cows and crows? :p

Also, your "peep hole" would be a GREAT place for a pond!

Lookin good! I always wanted to do a farm, just haven't had the space.
Sooo many details to add now, laundry hanging, picket fence, old junk. No limit really!

Thanks guys! I really appreciate all the great feedback.

Corey, you caught that didn't you. Apparently the workers are repairing the pavement inside the barn. ;)

Very nice.

Things I would consider adding:

power poles
an old beatup farm pickup
clothes and a clothesline
a well or well house (can look like a shortened out house)
a storm cellar (build up a little mound near the house and put a door on it)
a small flower garden
maybe another tree or two around the house.

What a pretty farm house! I like that shed, too. Looks like you made it board by board. I think a few chickens scratching around would be a good idea. Nice scene.

Greetings! Thanks for a photo. There is a result and this main thing in our business of a collecting!!!

I would add pair of pickups, the truck and some columns... And different small things - a bicycle for example :)))

I like it. Good job on not only the scenery, but placement of the buildings as well.:)

While we're giving you a list of things to add, remember not to add too much stuff, otherwise you'll lose that "wide open" farm feeling.

That being said, an old boxcar or rundown wood coach might make a good chicken coop. Maybe add a little "area history" by using an old interurban car from the line that was torn out in the late '30's.

Keep up the good work! :)

Back