I hope these may brighten someone's day... New Pics Pg3

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Some folks here on the forum are aware that I like to photograph historic industrial ruins and railroads (proto and model). Many times though, the camera gives me a way to show other folks my view of the world in other areas. Since this is the ANPL... I'll post a few images that maybe someone will find interesting. It's my sincere hope that whoever sees these will find one that will brighten their day.

Some times you gotta take what you can get ...and be thankful for it. This guy looked lonely but was blessed with a dry spot all his own. Sportsman's Lake, Cullman, Al
2619410421_a3cece6b48_o.jpg

Alabama sunset
2455908074_8b45b820a3_o.jpg

Swangin (Mrs Grande)
2620262944_02c9da07e3_o.jpg

Daybreak in Decatur
2186731618_798ab4c9ab_o.jpg

Ok, now that looks like fun...
2397039020_5ef61a9c2f_o.jpg

Afternoon Rain
2510264790_21b2fe0920_o.jpg

Friends out for a cool swim
1398545015_65f14af335_o.jpg

Beautiful countryside
1307328810_7a8253d857_o.jpg

Ensuring freedom
1517764677_4864dfa4c8_o.jpg

Rugrat
2149057168_2244ea6f36_o.jpg

A Bug's Life
2444929014_18a4c12de1_o.jpg

Forgotten
2301539401_4fc5dff781_o.jpg

Fun for the Kids
1410153689_70d7836dca_o.jpg

Palisades Park, Oneonta, Al
2586156760_f67a228661_o.jpg

My town
1811181945_ddad7c5b1d_o.jpg

Solitary Swim
2620252766_28c69a672c_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hudson Beach, Florida. 4-30-2006

1. SunSet
2. Leave no rock unturned!
3. Sunset
4. Lifes good! My boy:)

Hudson Beach, Florida. 4/30/2006.......what do you do when your boat breaks down in open water?:confused:

Call a Tow Boat, and be draged in front of a seaside bar full of people laughing at you!;)

Thanks for taking a minute to look these over folks, I appreciate it. A camera can become somewhat addictive, but the great part is that maybe others can enjoy the results too. I hope that's the case with these.

Let me begin by stating that I know little about art or photography, but I do know what I like. That being said, I consider those photos to be works of art that exceed what a lot of professionals exhibit. By the way, I also enjoy your narratives of those long abandoned sites of which you report on from time to time. My own opinion, you are one talented individual. Well done.
Tom

PS: I love the dog. Looks exactly like one I had many years ago. She was a real character I called Princess, which is what she was.

Let me begin by stating that I know little about art or photography, but I do know what I like. That being said, I consider those photos to be works of art that exceed what a lot of professionals exhibit. By the way, I also enjoy your narratives of those long abandoned sites of which you report on from time to time. My own opinion, you are one talented individual. Well done.
Tom

Thank you Tom. :) I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the photos.

New pics added to original post...

Pretty darn good photos Eric !!! I like it that you cloned five Mrs. grand mans !!!

Eric- Grandeman picture quality!!!
Have you looked at pictures you took a couple years ago and then look at these? You have certainly learned to isolate your subject and compose the picture for the most sensory impact.
Keep up the good work!

Grandeman
I have posted this thread on my other home forum "The great NZ picture thread" have a look at some of these pics, some of the lads also use the Canon Rebel

Chris check out the dolphin & whale shots on page 1

And on page 2, a combined single lane road and rail bridge, you better look whats coming before crossing this baby

Josh, I haven't sold a single image... ;) There has been some interest shown in some of them though. I've had two published and others are out for another Birmingham book project. Most of the stuff I shoot is aimed at a pretty specific audience (historical). I may get into shooting some other stuff (like the dragonfly) but my main interest is really industrial/railroad/historical. Any photography is fun though, and whatever I'm shooting, it's always a blast to run the camera.

Maxitrains, I'm glad you liked the F15 shot. It's a MEAN ride!

Paul, Mrs Grande was actually "cloned" with a combo of on camera and wireless remote flash in stroboscopic mode (3 HZ). The exposure was 1.6 sec, just enough for her to travel thru the full arc.

Mikey, Yeah, I've even thought of pulling some of the old stuff down... :eek: Many of the historical ruins are on the list to reshoot as time permits.

Steve, Thanks for the link. Maybe your friends there will enjoy the photos. One correction though, all of my recent stuff is done with the Canon 40D. The XTi still rides as a backup in my back pack.

Thanks to everyone for the comments!

Eric,
I missed this one somehow. Even my wife liked your pictures because they didn't have any of those "danged" trains in them. :) Great picture of the Birmingham skyline at dusk. Number two daughter likes ducks so she thought that last picture was pretty neat too.

Chris, nice shots from you too. Our dive boat stalled off the Keys once and we had to be towed back by one of those boat tow trucks. There were a lot of guys at the beach bar chuckling as we came in. :D

Back