I hope Athearn catches this one!

NWCanuck

Tip&Ring
I was just looking at a picture of some 40' 3 Bay Ribbed Coal Hoppers on the Athearn site that I had ordered about 6 months ago. I ordered 2 six packs of 1963 era cars (Part Numbers ATH76394 and ATH76393). They did not have production pictures for the six pack, but they do have a picture of the single car version.

Please tell me they are not going to show up like this, yikes!:eek:

View attachment 19146

Here is the origional link: http://www.athearn.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=ATH76392

Good one, had to look twice! Could be a collectors item if a few hit the shelves before they catch it.

Ahh so solly. Please to beg honorable pardon. We no speeky Engrish too good at fractolly.

Mr. Woo Ming Tsu, Quality Control Supervisor. Hai Zing China

Ahh so solly. Please to beg honorable pardon. We no speeky Engrish too good at fractolly.

Mr. Woo Ming Tsu, Quality Control Supervisor. Hai Zing China

This definitely made me laugh, while I would not be happy with one misspelled, I really do not want twelve of them. I sure hope they show up with the correct spelling. There is no way this could get past quality control right? If it does I guess I will see how good Athearn's customer service is.

can't use "L"'s. they pronounce them like an "R" samething with the "T". Trust me i heart alot answering 911's from a few towns that have large asian communities. It does make for some interesting conversations.

OK not train related, but along the same lines............
childern1.jpg

childern2.jpg

childern3.jpg

Marlin uses a lot of cowboy imagery. I guess they were trying to type the warning phonetically like how a cowboy would say it. "Keep this gawldurn firearm away from the daggum childern."

Marlin uses a lot of cowboy imagery. I guess they were trying to type the warning phonetically like how a cowboy would say it. "Keep this gawldurn firearm away from the daggum childern."

Now colour or color, gray and grey I can understand but their is no excuse for Childern.

You would think that the size and volumes that these companies deal in and the profits they earn, that they would be able to afford a spell checker.

Anyway I got my coal hoppers on Friday and all was well with the spelling.:cool: I did get a reply from Athearn along the lines of "The spelling will be correct".

I just don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling from Athearn or their customer service, but the coal hoppers do look nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
An as the sun sets in the Westren sky it's nice to know that it all turned out ok :D

Cheers
Willis

Back