I am convinced

chrismoore93

Central Phoenix Railroad
Hello everyone,
I have been doing research for a while know and have made up my mind :D I was doing some research to see what N Scale had to offer for logging ( sence I want to do a logging railroad know :p) and found N Scale really has nothing to offer in logging and mining. I have come to a decision. I will do a double-decker HO logging layout based in the '30's or '40's called, the Silk River R.R. I just thought I would share the good news.
-Chris

I will do a double-decker HO logging layout based in the '30's or '40's called, the Silk River R.R.
Why "Silk River RR" ? When are you going to start the construction? Like jbaakko I can hardly wait either, the suspense will be killing us all.
13.gif
Willis

CBCNSfan said:
Why "Silk River RR" ? When are you going to start the construction? Like jbaakko I can hardly wait either, the suspense will be killing us all.
13.gif
Willis
Why not the Silk River R.R.? :D I'm going to name it this because there will be a river the "Silk River", that runs through the bottom half of the layout. Construction will start as soon as I get measurements, and get a design ready, and figure out how to make my benchwork. I was hoping someone could help me.
-Chris
Why is the suspence killing you? :D

Check out items 5460 and 2293 at http://www.trainworld1.com/rivarossi/index.html.

Southern Iowa Lumber is still using it's pair of Heislers 'cuz they're too cheap to up grade their motive power. And the geared locos work well in the hills and river bluffs of south west Iowa. The Red Oak and Western picks up the finished lumber at the mill for forwarding to the furniture manufacturers in Omaha.

Kj

I'm going to name it this because there will be a river the "Silk River", that runs through the bottom half of the layout.--------------------- I was hoping someone could help me.
Hi Chris, I was just wondering the history behind the name "Silk River", but fictitous or not, if it runs through the layout, then that's a fair enough reason for the name. Chris I sure there'll be lots of help and suggestions once you have a plan and get started, that's what we're here for.
13.gif
Willis

For detailing my locos, would it be safer to buy a unlettered loco or a lettered loco, then scratch of the roadname. Just wondering, I'm ordering some locos soon.
For those of you who are interested, the Silk River R.R. will haul, logs, mining minerals, and freight. I was planning on my first loco, for the Silk River R.R. ,to a 4-4-0, I think it would be a good start for the era I'm modeling. She'll be the Golden Oldy on the layout, lol!
-Chris

Back