I am completely flabbergasted.

Brexit got blamed for lack of lorry drivers, so what was the EUs excuse for the same issue
Unfortunately Lorry drivers have been in decline for years, why run your arse ragged trying to make deliveries when you can sit in an office for twice the pay.
As for Brexit being to blame for the shortage, it is.
UK firms pay more than Eastern European ones, in fact the UK wages are considered to be one of the highest when compared to Eastern Countries, that's why so many used to live and work here.
It wouldn't have been such a big deal if May's original deal with the EU had gone through, but as usual, infighting between our political numbnuts put that in the bin.
The NHS and Care workers suffered the same fate of worker shortage thanks to those self same idiots for the same reasons.
I don't know how this one will turn out, but he can't do much worse the his predecessor.

I could have gone further down the road to a Home Depot but I figured I go to the closest place. That is a S-W store. Granted it has been several years since I bought any paint but This really boggled my mind. Also just bought some of those little Testors bottles of paint. I remember paying ten cents a bottle and now they are $3.89 and no, the bottle isn't any bigger. I'm sure going to take Skyliner's tip on looking at the OOps department if I need more paint. I'm going the extra distance to Home Depot too. Thanks for the tip skyliner.
By the way Dave, what the heck are you doing to your tires and mirrors? Ha!
If you really want to compare prices, at a minimum you should add the cost of fuel to get there to the price of the paint and compare that to the (shorter) distance and lower cost to get to Sherwin-Williams. I know it sounds ridiculous in many ways, but your local Home Depot will be factoring it in (to get the paint there in the first place).

HD does offer "Behr" brand paints, and at least one of those includes a primer in its formulation if you want it. Not that others don't--I just happen to know Behr does. FWIW.

You might also look into any cost savings from buying a five-gallon bucket, and weigh that against the cost of smaller quantities...so....

....If you buy one single sheet of foam insulation (for building scenery, perhaps), and five gallons of paint to cover it...and only then realize you have four and a half gallons left........

.............it could give you enough incentive to finish the rest of the layout. :D

I suppose this is why I buy those....tiny-little-jars...of Testors Enamels. It's important to defend against incentive. :D

yup…too late

last time I saw a frog in my backyard… the 1990s…
yup…too late

last time I saw a frog in my backyard… the 1990s…
Actually...I'm seeing the flip side of the frog thing here. When I was a kid we used to go down to "the frog pond," where--if we were stealthy and fast enough we could catch bullfrog's. Which we often put in a tub and carries a couple of hundred yards to the home waters, which is a local ditch. Once the dual prides of "capture, and "ownership" wore off, we could just let them go in the ditch, where they did just fine (we could also catch them there too). And then they disappeared. No more frogs and crickets on a summer evening, but just crickets.

But they are back again, albeit in much smaller sizes, and it's great to see them. This is one of the benefits of "climate change," perhaps.

The downside was that I had to hit a few golf balls into the water first, and try-to fish them out, before I realized I was seeing the frogs again.

The OTHER downside is that I still have to shovel six, eight, ten, twelve...or more inches of "global warming" off my sidewalk, every time it snows.

Back