HP and Sackville Railroad

And what I was trying to get to a double mainline with sectional track. Update pic as reminder

AD36E7C4-17EC-4722-93F5-4C0D5689D45C.png

17B5055F-2FDA-4CEC-8A48-DF4F5E93D743.jpeg
9418B494-6D8D-43D7-8408-F844A6C0D73A.jpeg

Nice track plan. But the 90° crossing seems a little bit weird for me...

View attachment 150293

I believe this track plan was an adaptation of MRR 'The Virginian" project 4x8 layout. Byron Henderson drew this up as taking a 4x8 and placing it around the walls. I have been kicking around the idea of building this layout as it offers a few of my givens & druthers. The crossing allows for interchange behind the door.

My change will be a harbor scene on the spur at the top of the U where a barge will be loaded with aggregate from the quarry up the branch. Where I live rock from British Columbia is brought in via barge and unloaded for the local aggregate industry.

I believe this track plan was an adaptation of MRR 'The Virginian" project 4x8 layout. Byron Henderson drew this up as taking a 4x8 and placing it around the walls. I have been kicking around the idea of building this layout as it offers a few of my givens & druthers. The crossing allows for interchange behind the door.

My change will be a harbor scene on the spur at the top of the U where a barge will be loaded with aggregate from the quarry up the branch. Where I live rock from British Columbia is brought in via barge and unloaded for the local aggregate industry.
What a great idea in my opinion! You are right, I did find it while reading Byron’s tips. It’s an awesome plan and if I was using smaller radius, it might have worked for me as well.

I just noticed after PM with a friend that I negated to have a pic of my future station here in this build thread. it must have been mentioned elsewhere. Here is what I drew up a sketch for and then Kim Brumble who I contacted on Thingiverse has been able to 3D print it; see pics below and paint job coming soon.

North street station (info on Wikipedia)

200715759.jpg

back of station after the Halifax Explosion

Back of station after explosion.jpg

finally Kim Brumble's epic work ! waiting anxiously for mail delivery

my station.jpg

Back