How was your weekend

CBCNSfan

Registered Member
Staff member
Well I guess mine wasn't all that bad. Got some more track laid, the sawmill in place, 110 volt plugin wiring and boxes around the layout. Can't find my log cars, guess they'll show up some day. In the meantime, while I was doing that, " well the photos will explain that" Sheesh! left the armed service in 1975 and this is the first time I've had to dig a latrine trench. :D
Cheers Willis

Holy Smokes!!! Reminds me of Duluth. Oh well, not to worry about the plow berm --- I don't suppose you'll get the cars uncovered for a day or two anyway. :eek:

Here's a reminder that Ol' Man Winter doesn't last forever. I found this in my backyard today.

It's payback for the blonde jokes.
Hey! wasn't ME!" :D
Thanks for the reminder flower, wasn't far from that a week ago. Holy smokes three Blizzards in a week. The good news is that they're over, the bad news is snow flurries tonight, snow Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and friday and our weather forecaster hasn't been wrong yet.
Cheers Willis

LOL the car I use is in the garage the rest can stay buried till the snow melts

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! wasn't ME!
:D I knew that! I just hitchhiked on your thread to poke a little dig at LEG.
...our weather forecaster hasn't been wrong yet
I know. Bummer. That science has become so accurate that we can't even hold out hope these days that the weather guys (or gals) are wrong when they make predictions we don't like. We were about to put out a contract on our local team if they used the "R" word one more time.

The weather folks here were all wet on this past weekends forecast. 4"to 6" of that white stuff and we got only a dusting. Last Weds/Thurs they said a dusting and we got 5". All of their Vipir Radar and other gadgets did not help them on iota.

All of their Vipir Radar and other gadgets did not help them on iota.
Our guy talks about "modules" I guess it's a history of weather reactions to certain conditions in the past I think. The storm we just had originated in the mid West USA, clobered NY gained new strength over the Atlantic pounded be-jeepers out of us and now it's in Nfld. Finished clearing the crap about 3:00PM AST. Arthritis is killing me, so I'll wait till tomorow to take the battery out of the Olds just too sore to do it today. Anyway here's a couple of pics from today.
Cheers Willis
The big snow bank is against my front door, the other house is my next door neighbour, and my faithful companion Lady

Wow! That storm dropped about 7 inches on us. Then they called for "a trace" of snow yesterday...we got 3.5 inches :rolleyes:

We got 3' of Snow over the Weekend. the Worst Part of it is I just got out of the Hospital ealier in the week from Double Heart By-Pass Surgury and i can"t go outside to help my Wife. Had to hire a Snow Plow to dig us out. I am just getting back into the swing of things as far as climbing the stairs to get to the computer. We are supposed to get 2-4" more inches tonight.

Talk to you soon.

Bob

Bob, that's a pretty extreme excuse to get out of shoveling snow. You have my best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. Enjoy the respite from grunt labor while you can. You'll be in shape to do it sooner than you might want. ;)

Back