How to block a members thread showing up

If you want to get the thread that you might have replied to from showing up under the BELL notifications of new posts:

click the UNWATCH button at the top of any thread page.

It will still show in a list of what's available, but not as part of the BELL/notification icon's list.

If you want to get the thread that you might have replied to from showing up under the BELL notifications of new posts:

click the UNWATCH button at the top of any thread page.

It will still show in a list of what's available, but not as part of the BELL/notification icon's list.
In 12 years on this forum, I have never seen this "Unwatch" button. What am I missing?
Is there any other way to block someone where "ignore" is not shown as an option?
For me, that is always an option when you "hover" the cursor over the users name. You have to be logged in first.

In 12 years on this forum, I have never seen this "Unwatch" button. What am I missing?

For me, that is always an option when you "hover" the cursor over the users name. You have to be logged in first.
You have to have the thread "watched"... by replying or "watching" it via a click in a box

Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 8.36.10 PM.png

These settings in your preferences tabs may affect what you see under the bell icon:

Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 8.38.26 PM.png

Thanks Willie. But you have evidently never wanted to ignore a member that does not have the "ignore" option. The other two options are available, "Follow", and "Start Conversation", but just not the "ignore" option.

Thanks Willie. But you have evidently never wanted to ignore a member that does not have the "ignore" option. The other two options are available, "Follow", and "Start Conversation", but just not the "ignore" option.
That would mean the person is a forum mod or admin.

The Ignore button is not available for such folks for reasons of keeping the forum moderated

Go to the person's you want to ignore's Profile pic, click on it, at the bottom you'll find "Follow" "Ignore" "Start conversation."

Although I haven't tried it, I would think the only member's you can't ignore, would be our venerable Moderator's, for obvious reasons.

Thanks for correcting me, Willie. I ought to know better than to spray the obvious. I have never ignored a single soul on any forum..

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. The only guys you would ever want to use it on are Union Pacific fans anyway.

Gulp. At least...I hope so. After all, one of my companies still needs to buy some of your hides.

Back