How many engines do you own?

How many engines do you own?

• Total voters
Im as serious as a heart attack when I say this, so to all you guys with heaps of N scale locos sitting in jewel cases in your basement.
Sorry, I sold most of the N-scale. I do still have 1 SD45 in Santa Fe, but it is one of my favorite locos, I got new in junior high. Not willing to part with it. Which is also funny as it is sitting in a jewel case box in a bigger box the train storage room.

So back to the non-derailed topic. In the box where the SD45 was (see favorite locomotive thread), there were a total of 9 N-scale locomotives. Set of Alco PABA, Alco FA2, three E8s, a 2-8-2, a 0-4-0, an 0-6-0, and of course the SD45. I believe I have 2 more boxes, not counting the stuff I inherited from my father in 2013.

Last edited:
So back to the non-derailed topic. In the box where the SD45 was (see favorite locomotive thread), there were a total of 9 N-scale locomotives. Set of Alco PABA, Alco FA2, three E8s, a 2-8-2, a 0-4-0, an 0-6-0, and of course the SD45. I believe I have 2 more boxes, not counting the stuff I inherited from my father in 2013.

what brand was that SD45?

When you like to run 3 on the head end and 1 or 2 pushers it doesn't take long to add up a fleet of engines.I'm in the "Some" category,some are on order,some I have,and some are for sale.:)

At last count I have 29 Lionel O locomotives, but I have added many more and I have not kept up with my inventory. I estimate/guess the total is about 50.

I have 69 HO locomotives, 7 N locomotives and 1 On30 street car. I think these numbers are accurate, but I really need to do a physical inventory.

Now that you have asked, you have me thinking "WTF am I going to do with all of this?!"

Wondering how many engines you currently own? Can you ever own too many?

I've been finding myself constantly looking (ebay) for that next neat, unique engine that I dont have yet?
G'day .. I am now doing modern-ish early 1980's to today via ATSF/Burlington/BNSF in HO but when I began modelling I started in N .
I cannot bring myself to part with seven locomotives and about 30 rolling stock ., One day I'd be awesome to do a 4 by 8 N Scale again once I finish doing my HO layout .....if it ever gets finished of course . Is a layout ever really finished.

I've got 15 HO scale that I run, there'll be no more as my gathering days are over. A few more that dont run and are just placeholders (including an old rubber band drive engine). I dont think 15 is really insanity, just, ummm, ahhh, well lets say "less than 20..."

Then there is the exhibit shelf with my dads standard gauge scale, my brothers O scale, my HO scale, and my N scale trains

PA250016.JPG
PA250017.JPG

I hide them. That way no one but me knows how many I have. I have my back to the layout now and I only see one.

I think I just counted, but may have missed a couple in a drawer someplace. At least 74 steam and diesel. But remember, this is over a period of about 62 years! Those are HO. That doesn't count about three or four S-scale American Flyer ones I had starting about eight years old, but gave away when I switched to HO. o_O

My most recent snag was a SD80mac CSX light future...that thing is a beast and will easily pull 25+cars

View attachment 34754
I have one that looks similar, but it is an Atlas N scale, #49814 GP-38, CSX #2112. It was purchased years ago, but is still new (with box), and is for sale if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• CSX.jpg
    CSX.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 221
6 steamers
108 diesels (94 are union pacific engines)
613 freight cars
31 passenger cars
43 non revenue cars (Cabeese, MoW and such)

and counting......I had more at one time but I purged a few times now I just do specific locos and freight for my layout design. I will get a few more odd balls here and there for "inter change" or run through freight.

Back