How do i make a mountain?

Siccmade

Can some one tell me where to start on making my mountain,is starifoam or plaster better or what is easier?

Have you checked out Joe's Scenery Clinic yet? He has some really good ideas.

I am partial to using foam, then carving it and using a wire brush to get the strata look, also some 200 grit sand paper will smooth it well. I also use the WS Foam putty to fill in areas. The Foan and carving are pretty mess free, the sanding and wire brush will make little foam stick to you pieces. The Foam putty is also pretty mess free. With foam you would layer it to the height you want and then carve away the pieces.

As you can see I am big on foam. Will their be a tunnel that the trains run through?

Hi Siccmade, just an observation, but if you put a tunnel in the location where the locating arrows are shown, how are you going to get access to inside the mountain should disaster strike, like a derailment.

13.gif
Willis

i want to make the mountian in one piece and just set it on the table to cover the area in the pic, if something happend i could just lift the mountain up then put it back

If you make a removable mountain, chances are you won't make a very believable one and keep it from getting damaged when you move it. Better to cut access from underneath and get at the track that way.

that looks cool, mine has been sitting for a week or 2 im not sure where to go from where im at now lol i just look at it and cant think of what to do

Back