How do I get rid of the Photobucket graphic?

flyboy2610

Loveably weird
Bob, I plan to go through my build thread (http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/...acific-soggy-bottoms-division-ho-scale.26206/) and restore the photos from my hard drive to the forum. I already test edited the first post in my thread (from 12-24-14) and uploaded a pic of the track plan as it was at the time. I inserted it inline in the post, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to delete the Photoscrewit extortion demand graphic from from the post. Any advice on how to get rid of it would be helpful. I no longer have an account there, don't even know if they're still in business, so breaking a link is no big deal. I just want to wipe all trace of those crooks from my threads!
Thank you for your help in this matter.
Also, does it save server space and cost for you if I upload the pics as thumbnails instead of full images? I want to do whatever is cheaper for you. Thanks!

You’d have to remove the image link. When I get home, I’ll post an example.

Upload them full size, the forum resizes them to 1600 if needed, and we have lots of room and bandwidth

When you edit your post, on the far right side of the menu, you'll see a gear icon. If you hover over it, you'll see "toggle BB code"

Click that icon, and you'll be in BB code mode.

Then look for strings like this:
Code:
[URL='http://s53.photobucket.com/user/flyboy2610/media/Model%20Railroad/Benchwork/Swing%20gate/027_zpsebd23384.jpg.html']

[ATTACH=full]109905[/ATTACH][/URL]

Delete those, and the broken images will be removed.

When you edit your post, on the far right side of the menu, you'll see a gear icon. If you hover over it, you'll see "toggle BB code"

Click that icon, and you'll be in BB code mode.

Then look for strings like this:
Code:
[URL='http://s53.photobucket.com/user/flyboy2610/media/Model%20Railroad/Benchwork/Swing%20gate/027_zpsebd23384.jpg.html']

[ATTACH=full]109906[/ATTACH][/URL]

Delete those, and the broken images will be removed.

Thanks, Bob! I'll give it a try now!

UPDATE: It worked! 1 down, only 247,398,642 to go!

Seems like someone said a ways back: "there is no free lunch"!
Actually PB should have their gonads placed in a vice for what they did?
It's one thing for them to say, "no more free hosting"!
It's another to extort everyone on behalf of their prior "free hosting".

What is really annoying is that they did it without any advance notice whatsoever!
I got most of the first page of my build thread done. It's kind of hard to remember exactly what pic goes where sometimes, though.

Reactions: bob
I'm expecting pbucket to announce that if albums have not been accessed during a certain time frame, the account will be automatically closed and all files deleted.

I got most of the first page of my build thread done. It's kind of hard to remember exactly what pic goes where sometimes, though.

You know what? If you (the author) can't tell, then it doesn't matter! Seriously, as long as the ones you're posting make sense, it's really not a big deal if you miss one or two, or get them out of the exact order that they were posted in previously.

If it makes things simpler, just pretend you're posting it fresh with no previous content. Use the photos that seem to fit best and it will be fine.

I'm expecting pbucket to announce that if albums have not been accessed during a certain time frame, the account will be automatically closed and all files deleted.

His files are gone, not sure why. Tried to use the trick I'm using to rebuild the signs thread, but not images could be found. I noticed that rather than saying "hotlinking prohibited unless you pay us our extortion fee" or whatever it says, it simply states "Photo not found".

His files are gone, not sure why. Tried to use the trick I'm using to rebuild the signs thread, but not images could be found. I noticed that rather than saying "hotlinking prohibited unless you pay us our extortion fee" or whatever it says, it simply states "Photo not found".
Yes, they wouldn't be so brazen as to admit to have done it arbitrarily.

I for some reason recieved an email from PhotoScum the other day. It was odd because I closed my account and saved all my pics and deleted them from their service last year. They asked me to fill out a questionnaire about their service and how I would like them to improve it. Needless to say they were told in no uncertain terms about their service...and then to quote the alien in Independence Day they were told “ Dieee just dieee”

Back