How do I bring cork roadbed down to ground level?

Ok I just reread the original question.
If the hidden staging is going to be put in place at the same base level then simply shave the cork down with a Surform or some kind of sander. I do this when going from mainline to sidings or industrial track.
If the base levels are not the same height then try some of the previous methods and repot back to us.

The OP asked for suggestions on how to do what he wanted, and he says he is happy with the reaponses. Then others are getting upset because the responses are not what they think they shoud be.
If the suggestions are accepted and appreciated by the person asking for the feedback, the ones getting upset need to take a deep breath and move on, rather than creating a tempest in a teacup. I've removed a post, and should probably edit or remove others, but I'll let them ride-- for now.

While all of the suggestions have some merit on their own, I still think that Ian's suggestion is the best, and Dave and Ken both gave good illustrations of how to do it. No fuss with inclines, shaving, sanding or any other precision thinking.

Back