Hopefully a new room.

Ken,

I totally missed this post.

Jos,

I'm curious what Ken has to say. This is a very specialized layout.

Ken,

I saw the comments about N-scale. Given the layout you are giving up, N-might be a good compromise. When I started my new layout, I found that I had accumulated a lot of train stuff I was never going to use. So far using eBay, it has funded my new layout. Anyway, I think you might enjoy the prospect of rethinking everything smaller and grander. Let your mind go for a second.

We really don't know how long we will stay at this place either:eek: I'm thinking 5yrs should have enough $$ gained for resale, so I would like to keep all my HO for the future.

Ken.

My mate just got some nice n scale sound equiped loco's from precision craft models, they are very good considering the tiny space the sound comes from

Nice loco's aren't they Steve, just reading a review of F7 in MR.

We here at the MadCoW.........

snortingbull.png

Are pulling for you!!!

Good luck Ken!!! Hope to see things work out for you and your family.

Johnny

Cheers Johnny I'm hopeing!! Keep your fingers crossed.

Ken.

KenNZRMac Don't say that:
wasted your time.
It is fun( still!) and I learn alot of other things: he he he so when it is time to make/design my own layout I'll be well prepared...LOL:p
It's three levels!!! Crikey that'll take careful measuring
eyp it is!!
and the black track
in fact it goes almost under the mine( the buildings are built on a steep hill....so in/under them there is enough space)
Maybe a port area off the green track at the other end of the room? on a lower level.
It is possible but it has, I think, to be a small one and the red track at apr. -5 till -9cm can be "hide" by the buildings/ storage of the port..Try to work that idea out this week...
Thanks you like it!
Hope it works out well, I mean the house!!! Your new Home.

Jos

Ken's new layout

Hi Ken

I'll solve the gate problem for you. I don't want you hitting your head and not remembering who you are or any thing.
How wide or narrow does the gate have to be. There's more than one track that crosses it?

George

Hi Ken

I'll solve the gate problem for you. I don't want you hitting your head and not remembering who you are or any thing.
How wide or narrow does the gate have to be. There's more than one track that crosses it?

George

That might have to wait till we get to the house and measure up, but thanks for the thought. I'll give you a holla when the time comes.

Ken.

KenNZRMac Don't say that: It is fun( still!) and I learn alot of other things: he he he so when it is time to make/design my own layout I'll be well prepared...LOL:p
eyp it is!!
in fact it goes almost under the mine( the buildings are built on a steep hill....so in/under them there is enough space)
It is possible but it has, I think, to be a small one and the red track at apr. -5 till -9cm can be "hide" by the buildings/ storage of the port..Try to work that idea out this week...
Thanks you like it!
Hope it works out well, I mean the house!!! Your new Home.

Jos

Hey Jos we could move the green staging tracks -32 closer to the wall making more room in the middle and the left end for a port yard?

Does the -195 mean -19.5 cm?

I'm liking this more and more the longer I study.

Now we have to get this house!!;)

Ken.

KenNZRMac
Hey Jos we could move the green staging tracks -32 closer to the wall making more room in the middle and the left end for a port yard?
That is a good idea Ken and I think it is possible too...Post a scetch this week...
the 195 means, indeed, 19,5 cm( 195 mm)
And YES get that house!!

Jos

Jos I've been transferring your plan over to Xtrkcad, I'm really taken with the staging loops underneath (I didn't know how to get some reverse loops in there)

I'll see if theres room at the other end for a port coming off the lower green loop bottom left.

Cheers for the plan, Ken.

Hai Ken,

This afternoon I was" busy"too, to get the drawing fixed for you but I am also "fighting with the port and how to cover the other tracks and to make the slopes not to steep. BTW Now I want to know for shure: because you use inches and I use cm. Here comes my question: is 2 cm per meter to much for your engines. Are you driving long trains?. Because I've "designed" it with these measurements: 2cm/m up or down...???= 7 feet/2 inches??

Jos

Hai Ken,

This afternoon I was" busy"too, to get the drawing fixed for you but I am also "fighting with the port and how to cover the other tracks and to make the slopes not to steep. BTW Now I want to know for shure: because you use inches and I use cm. Here comes my question: is 2 cm per meter to much for your engines. Are you driving long trains?. Because I've "designed" it with these measurements: 2cm/m up or down...???= 7 feet/2 inches??

Jos

A 2% grade is reasonable even for a small steam layout like mine.

Yeah man 2% is fine with me!! Don't let this get in the way of your other things, Life!!:D

And thankyou very much;)

Ken.

ken's plan

Hello Ken,

Here the results of the last week....
The port, the reverse loop under the coalmine: coming from the turnouts on the bottom in the middle of the scetch.. and a 3D "art impression"uhhum...of the port including an detailed plan as if you cut your layout in 2 pieces...
It is still fun to draw it!:)
Hope everything's clear?

Jos

You're a gentleman and an artist my friend. I shall study these and let you know how I see them fitting in

Again I thankyou wonderful drawings.

Ken

Thanks Ken and Chip!!

So last but not least: as promised the tracks to the staging yard under the coalmine. In fact it is a giant helix....from -1 cm ,starting at the green star at the right corner at the bottom till -30 cm( about 12 inches)

Jos

Last edited by a moderator:

Back