Hookup wire

T.C.

Where can I get hookup wire smaller than AWG30 ?
Only thing I can find is 30 and that seems large for hooking up led's and small lite bulbs.
Needs to be very flexible and stranded.
T.C.

a good source of hookup wire at low cost is a used serial or parallel cable ... you can get over two dozen lengths of fine stranded wire out of one cable .. just cut the outside shielding off ..

Thanks for the replies, never thought about the cable.
Although I would have to buy one to cut it up and I don't know how cost effective that would be?
The magnet wire is to stiff but I appreciate the thought .
I may have to use the 30 g, I ordered some today so I'll see ?
T.C.

T.C. What scale are you modeling?
I'm modeling HO scale and using 20 gage solid wire for feeders. I didn't look real hard but didn't find anything past the 30 gage. An internet search --electric hook up wire--- brought up quite a few web sites.......

Thanks for the reply, I'm into HO, HOn30 all my track is wired with bell wire probably 22-24 gauge.
I'm not using this wire for track hookup I'm using it to wire building lights (led and bulbs) and to wire engines.
So I'm looking for a small very flexible wire, like they use for grain of weat or rice bulbs. I also did a search and cant find anything smaller that 30g in braided super-flex wire, I did order some 30 so well see ?
T.C.

Thanks for the link Greg
I didn't see any 30 gauge wire, but I did see some interesting light shades.
T.C.

I believe they used carry 30 gauge wire, maybe a phone call to them will bring results. It came in a set of three colors and maybe 20 or 30 feet per coil.

Greg

Thanks again Greg, I have found what I was looking for, I got the 30 gauge and it's just the rite size, any smaller would be to small. So this worked out well
This is a neat little set and has 66 feet of each color plus the other stuff for 12.95
I may order the 22 gauge just to have it on hand ?

If anyone is interested here's the link, don't know why it's so long ?
T.C.

https://www.amazon.com/30GA-Hook-Wi...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Interesting...I was needing some of that when I wired the grandson's layout.

Thanks for the source.

I looks like nice wire, just keep in mind that 30 gauge is very small, I don't know if it's large enough for wiring track ?
T.C.

Back