Home Heating Oil Facility for a small space

This is a small home heating oil facility from a kit. I had an area with enough room for a siding.
100_0503.jpg

I primed the tanks with cheap gray primer and then rubbed on some grimmy black and used one of the instant rust products.
100_0504.jpg

The platforms and ladders are plastic and I rubbed them down with some thickened wood stain which gave them some texture.
100_0505.jpg

I have room here to add a coal bin so they can add that to their retail as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice idea , we had a facility like that in our city but it went out of buisness and the land had to be dug up and then covered up with clay !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple of those kits, and combined them with some of the Model Power storage tanks and a Walthers building and a Pikestuff office hut. It's a nice, compact facility occupying a corner of the layout....

Kennedy

Very nice idea , we had a facility like that in our city but it went out of buisness and the land had to be dug up and then covered up with clay !!!!

They normally cover with clay after the EPA cleanup is done to seal the site. Or at least that is what I have been told.

Back