Holy affordable prices, Batman!

Mike_Arnold

Newbie Modeler
Went shopping here in their brick and mortar store last weekend. Everything is so cheap...

Take a Walther's Proto 2000 Auto Rack for example on M.B.Klein.

http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/product-p/920-101317.htm

$37.99

Now at Lombard Hobbies...

http://www.lombardhobby.com/Walthers_Proto_Enclosed_Tri_Level_Auto_Carrier_p/wal920101404.htm

$24.99! Absoutely crazy. This is where I was able to get the $120 MSRP Athearn locomotives for $75 a piece. Needless to say I'll be shopping with them from now on... Just wanted to let you guys know if you didn't.

Wow I had no idea about Lombard Hobby. I usually buy from Caboose Hobbies and Model Train Stuff.

Thanks for the tip.

First I have hard of Lombard as well ... that is a huge difference, especially when MB Klein is generally about as cheap as you can get.

I've been to their store and met the owner. Very nice gentleman and claimed to be the best discounter in the Midwest. I believe him! He said to keep my eye out on September 20th on their site but wouldn't say why. All he said was "let's say this, we're not going to trainfest this year."

I looked up their Walther's track and its a little more than MB Klein. A smart customer always checks several places.

Extremely good price, specially when they also have the Gold line bi-level at the same price. A big congratulations to that seller also in showing how much stock they have. Better get in quick, only shows 6.

Thanks for sharing! Ive bookmarked them and will certainly have to give them a shot coming up here soon when I need some more stuff :D

Lombard hobby is close to my house. It's where I get a ton of stuff but they don't stock much track or buildings.

Hardly. They buy such massive amounts from the manufacturers they can discount it better than others. They also pick up closeouts from other places too.

That's nice to hear! We've been planning a trip to Chicago for quite some time, may have to add it to my list of places to go.

Interestingly, I went to my LHS on the south side of Milwaukee today, and priced a product I will be buying soon. (Curved turnout from Walthers.) As he has with everything else, he gave me an excellent price, so I will be buying it from him when I have another infusion of funds for the RR. "Wow, you're as good as Model Train Stuff" I told him... "Good,' he said -- and smiled.

Not exactly sure how he does it, but that he does it is good enough for me.

What did you buy?

Three 6 packs of walthers C&O coal hoppers that's 18 cars with metal wheels and proto-max couplers for less than $10 ea.plus shipping.
kind of pointless having a pair of Alleghenys and no coal hoppers behind'em.
Of course this is just a start' need about 30 more but want to mix up the different types though need to have nothing longer than a 40 footers
Accurail has some really nice ones.......If I can find'em lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Back