HOe = N Gauge?

fairbro

I found a couple of these at a local auction. They are "Egger-Bahn" - HOe scale.

Does anyone know if they will run on N scale layout?

IMG_6585.JPGIMG_6586.JPGIMG_6590.JPGIMG_6598.JPG

Yes, it's HO scale models running on 9mm N scale track, which passes then as covering several narrow gauges.

Eggrbahn as Tootnkumin says is H0 scale on 9mm track.
Both locos are highly collectable in Europe as all models were taken over by the French firm Jouef in 1967 after the ending of the original company.
The Jouef versions are not supposed to be of the quality of the original Eggerbahn models hence the value, especially the electric loco with the pantograph.
Here is a link to an Eggerbahn site.

https://www.egger-bahn.de/english/index.htm

Here's a photo of my new mini layout under construction which has Eggerbahn/Jouef items and another 60's item, Eheim/Brawa Trolley busses.

Regards, Colin

I got some Jouef passenger cars at the auction and the diesel. Amtrak. The diesel weighs only half a pound, but it has a motor and runs. No HO layout here, but I suppose the Jouef diesel could pull the cars, they are only 3 ounces each.

Eggrbahn as Tootnkumin says is H0 scale on 9mm track.
Both locos are highly collectable in Europe as all models were taken over by the French firm Jouef in 1967 after the ending of the original company.
The Jouef versions are not supposed to be of the quality of the original Eggerbahn models hence the value, especially the electric loco with the pantograph.
Here is a link to an Eggerbahn site.

https://www.egger-bahn.de/english/index.htm

Here's a photo of my new mini layout under construction which has Eggerbahn/Jouef items and another 60's item, Eheim/Brawa Trolley busses.

Regards, Colin

I see the little mining wagons, they are very rare.

Stupid question, maybe, but I suppose the number "1" printed on the diesel means it was the first model-type produced? Then model "2", etc.

The German models remind me of when I was stationed in Deutschland. I would walk into town and buy a Kibri or other N-scale model every payday and put it together, my fellow soldiers would spend all their money on bier and Jagermeister... :)

The tipping mining wagons are fairly common in Europe and were sold as Minitrains and Eggerbahn.
In fact they are still available new from the Minitrains company,
I have about 10 examples sold as Eggerbahn, Minitrains and Jouef. The original Jouef versions were different using a rolling-gear type tipping mechanism and these are rare now. The Eggerbahn/Minitrains type were sold in sets by Jouef with Eggerbahn reproduction locos but the Jouef type were only sold with the original Jouef Decauville type loco.
I don't know how the Eggerbahn numbering system works - perhaps the website explains.
Colin.

Hi,
I am converting N scale engines to HOe....
I got the idea from an old article in Model Railroader. They converted an ARNOLD N scale engine to a HOe Diesel.....
Here is the link to what I have done so far.....
Cheers
Chris

Back