HO vehicles & Figures

RE#1

Who are your favorite vehicle/figure manufacturers. Preiser figures seem the most realistic IMO. For vehicles, I really like Athearn, Jordan, Wiseman, GHQ, Classic Metal Works and some Woodland Scenic just to name a few.
image.jpg

Last edited:
I really like Oxford vehicles. Classic Metal and Athearn run a close second. I also use some older Model Power vehicles.
For figures, nothing beats Preiser unpainted sets if you have the time to paint them yourself. My only issue with Preiser is that too many of them are outfitted with winter clothing, or with luggage that I have to shave off or otherwise alter to fit my non-passenger "Sunbelt" layout. It's not a drawback if you're careful. Woodland Scenics and Noch also have some really nice but pricey sets. Since I need over 1000 figures (conservative estimate) for my layout, price is a consideration. I have gotten some Chinese sets (both painted and unpainted) as gifts, that work out well but are limited in poses and also require surgery due to weak QC.

Prieser figures definitely. I use others, but only if they are far from the eye.

Mostly Wiseman and Jordan kits for autos. Although Euro makers Ricko, Roskopf, Busch & Praline make some nice RTR American vehicles.

WS white metal kits leave a bit to be desired. But, to be fair, I imagine most of those molds were made in the 70s.

WS excavator and a 3-D printed caterpillar "twenty".
Untitled.jpg

Prieser figures definitely. I use others, but only if they are far from the eye.

Mostly Wiseman and Jordan kits for autos. Although Euro makers Ricko, Roskopf, Busch & Praline make some nice RTR American vehicles.

WS white metal kits leave a bit to be desired. But, to be fair, I imagine most of those molds were made in the 70s.

WS excavator and a 3-D printed caterpillar "twenty".
View attachment 123441
Nice!

What do you guys think about Artitec? Pricey but detailed and weathered. I have a few but when I received them parts were broken 😠.

I must have a figure disorder because I will spend 20 dollars 💵 to get one figure 😳

What do you guys think about Artitec? Pricey but detailed and weathered. I have a few but when I received them parts were broken 😠.
I have seen their figures, but none can be used on my layout. I never converted the Euros to dollars and didn't realize how pricey they really are! I'll stick with the unpainted Preiser for less than a dollar apiece and continue painting my own which I enjoy anyway. For examples, see today's Coffee Shop.

Back