HO Short Lines

Seriously, the engines in Orange and Black around here seem to be kept pretty clean. Even the ones having to go through Cornelius Pass tunnel every couple days.

I've been trying to add some Genessee & Wyoming engines to my layout, but none of the stores I go to never have them in stock when I go, It really ticks me off!

JeffShultz said:
Seriously, the engines in Orange and Black around here seem to be kept pretty clean. Even the ones having to go through Cornelius Pass tunnel every couple days.

I tried to imitate mine from pictures I had. The picture makes it look dirtier than it is on the layout.

Do yourself a favor and get Atlas's part number for the exact one you want. It will make your life easier with the order takers who know that trains are usually found on tracks and not much more.

So Chip, what did you think of the G&W GP9m from Walthers Trainline? The only GP9's that the PNWR has are high-nose units. They do have one low-nose SD9 oddball.

http://walthers.com/exec/productinfo/931-132

It's definitely in the category of.. 'I dunno if it's worth it."

Might be nice if you were making up a trainset for a child who lived near a G&W property.

I asked about it in Denmark and got mostly good-runner for the price. A few siad it was noiser than an Althearn. Other said it was an Althearn with a few of the problems solved. I may spring for one. But not for a couple weeks. Have some travel next week--maybe if I see one a Timonium.

Chip,My experience with the Walthers GP9M has been mixed..I had one and it was a very smooth runner but,died a quick death at the club in yard service while others keep chalking up the miles...I put the shell on a Athearn GP7 drive-NOT a job for the timid or inexperience modeler-and traded that GP9M for a Walthers GP15...

JeffShultz said:
So Chip, what did you think of the G&W GP9m from Walthers Trainline? The only GP9's that the PNWR has are high-nose units. They do have one low-nose SD9 oddball.

http://walthers.com/exec/productinfo/931-132

It's definitely in the category of.. 'I dunno if it's worth it."

Might be nice if you were making up a trainset for a child who lived near a G&W property.

I have one. It runs OK, but I thought it was a tad noisy.

But, it was the first loco I ever did a Decoder install in, and it couldn't have been easier. There was plenty of space, all the wires were out in the open, I think it took me all of 10min to finish it.

Kennedy

Back