HO scale speedometer

Cobra GT

I am looking at HO scale speedometers, there are a few different brands out there the MRT Accutrack, SpeedTrak by Toth Electronics, and the MTS model at Brachus. I was wondering if anyone has any of these models and some input of what you think, thanks.

Our club uses the Accutrack. It works very well. We use it to set top speeds and speed tables for our locomotives, as well as verifying speed limits for our open house events.

thanks bnsf i ordered one today but i am also ordering all the set up from Bachrus to go with JMRI DecoderPro set up. i am fixing to get me a new laptop and go with that software. it is just another thing to buy and fool with. but i am looking forward to getting the JMRI software with the decoderpro to help with speed matching. the only problem is the cost, i think i am looking at about $400+ to get the console model and the computer interface but it is really trick stuff. thanks.

Just put JMRI on an old desktop you have, it works pretty well with Windows XP, of which there are a bout a gajillion surplus machines all over the place. I am unsure of why you need to spend $400 for a JMRI machine, and JMRI itself is free.

Back