HO scale Intermountain Railway BNSF Heritage unit SD40-2

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

TLOC

Price with DCC and ESU sound was $170 but is now
$155 delivered to USA addresses

as I was taking pictures to sell I broke the engineer side front step railing

Delivered by USPS priority mail with insurance and tracking

additional pictures if serious

Hands shake too bad for me to repair the railing and I am going back to 4 axle locomotives

Nice runner

PayPal only I do not use friends and family for both our protections

TomO

2D28C0CE-AC98-4C7E-B1FB-09C5FBC3EAA2.jpeg
98FF56FB-730B-4C21-8CB1-43D3D88BF773.jpeg
FA87470E-2BF4-4905-BD31-32F84DF25FD7.jpeg
9B5700F3-CD77-4F68-BF2C-880E48613465.jpeg
337DC0B2-6802-438E-8D55-620B5B74827D.jpeg
F07D4999-3528-4F6D-BB6A-A94ADE9E8808.jpeg

Smudge617

Price with DCC and ESU sound was $170 but is now
$155 delivered to USA addresses

as I was taking pictures to sell I broke the engineer side front step railing

Delivered by USPS priority mail with insurance and tracking

additional pictures if serious

Hands shake too bad for me to repair the railing and I am going back to 4 axle locomotives

Nice runner

PayPal only I do not use friends and family for both our protections

TomO

View attachment 138202View attachment 138203View attachment 138204View attachment 138205View attachment 138206View attachment 138207
Unfortunately I've just bought the SD60 from PMW, so my train budget's gone for the month, otherwise.......?

TLOC

Unfortunately I've just bought the SD60 from PMW, so my train budget's gone for the month, otherwise.......?
Thanks for looking. It maybe still available as there seems to be no interest. I think it’s priced ok.

TomO

Smudge617

Thanks for looking. It maybe still available as there seems to be no interest. I think it’s priced ok.

TomO
Yeah, nice, I've been looking for one of those, seems I'm collecting more than using at the minute. But I'm
waiting to see what the import tax is going to be on the other one first, think I worked it out correctly.

Greg@mnrr

Section Hand
Tom: The BNSF color scheme is my favorite of all the Roads. My first DCC equipped locomotive was a BNSF GP38-2 loco and I still have it today and it runs perfect.

The loads you made for the gons is far better and more prototypical than Chooch.

Greg

#################

TLOC

Tom: The BNSF color scheme is my favorite of all the Roads. My first DCC equipped locomotive was a BNSF GP38-2 loco and I still have it today and it runs perfect.

The loads you made for the gons is far better and more prototypical than Chooch.

Greg

#################
Thanks for the compliment Greg. Not seen the Chooch loads and I read somewhere Walthers purchased the company and product lines.

TomO

Greg@mnrr

Section Hand
TomO: Yes, Walthers did purchase Chooch. I model ore cars after I watched a 100 car unit train of ore cars running on a modular layout at Trainfest. The surprising thing was that the layout was unattended and the unit train ran flawlessly by itself. I was hooked. I stood there maybe 15 minutes and watched that train.

I am working on my fleet of ore cars and have approximately 60 of them completed. Each one has a Chooch load and I attach Woodland Scenics ore on top of the Chooch loads to make them look more realistic looking. The cars are weathered, have metal wheels, KD couplers. I started with a Walthers' set of 12 UP ore cars and moved up from there buying ore cars whenever I saw them on sale or even in Walthers' four pack sets at a premium because they were patched for the CN&W. I never kept track of how many I had until I did an inventory of my rolling stock and I have over 300 ore far more than by original goal of 100! I can't even run a 100 car unit train on my layout much less have the room for 300 ore cars.

These cars are heavy and I ran a unit train at the C&NW Historical Society Meet many years ago on our club's modular layout ans I used two Atlas MILW U-Boats to pull the train. Poor choice to have MILW power pulling a train at a C&NW function, but no one noticed or said anything the MILW locos.

Chooch ore loads were hard to find for a while and I purchased as many as I could find where ever I located them.

Greg

TLOC

TomO: Yes, Walthers did purchase Chooch. I model ore cars after I watched a 100 car unit train of ore cars running on a modular layout at Trainfest. The surprising thing was that the layout was unattended and the unit train ran flawlessly by itself. I was hooked. I stood there maybe 15 minutes and watched that train.

I am working on my fleet of ore cars and have approximately 60 of them completed. Each one has a Chooch load and I attach Woodland Scenics ore on top of the Chooch loads to make them look more realistic looking. The cars are weathered, have metal wheels, KD couplers. I started with a Walthers' set of 12 UP ore cars and moved up from there buying ore cars whenever I saw them on sale or even in Walthers' four pack sets at a premium because they were patched for the CN&W. I never kept track of how many I had until I did an inventory of my rolling stock and I have over 300 ore far more than by original goal of 100! I can't even run a 100 car unit train on my layout much less have the room for 300 ore cars.

These cars are heavy and I ran a unit train at the C&NW Historical Society Meet many years ago on our club's modular layout ans I used two Atlas MILW U-Boats to pull the train. Poor choice to have MILW power pulling a train at a C&NW function, but no one noticed or said anything the MILW locos.

Chooch ore loads were hard to find for a while and I purchased as many as I could find where ever I located them.

Greg
Greg

Sounds like my pulp wood cars. The goal was 24 and then I had 30 after Thanksgiving. This mornings USPS delivery brought another 12. Total so far is 47. I have been weathering and then selling. I could get a few more bucks by including the pulp load but I haven’t found an easy way to build the loads. Surprising to me, the more difficult ones to find have been the Wisconsin Central ones.
TomO

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.