HO scale city

6211DB36-979B-41A7-AC25-A636A97C9FAA.jpeg

Still have to finish roofs on the buildings and add details to the roof tops and street. Will start next phase soon.

Thank you…it’s never ending…there are so many details to add…it drives you 😜…I am working on the roof tops and waiting for product to arrive. The coloring of the buildings go quite fast. It’s the small detailing that takes the majority of my time. I don’t know how the rest of the modelers are but I work when the mood hits me. I look at other posts and I am amazed at the knowledge they possess as it relates to locomotives and layout design. As you can tell by my posts I just like to build dioramas. As for this diorama it will strictly be made using Downtown Deco buildings. In my opinion plastic kits cannot match the realism a plaster kit can.

Last edited:
I can’t get over how quickly you move it along. Incredible workmanship, modelling skills etc. in my opinion.

Thanks BGR…when I get in the mood I work on it all day. A benefit to retirement I guess. I already sketched out the next city block which I will start soon. I love the kits offered by Downtown Deco. I have most of the kits but I am missing one in particular called dead end alleyway.

I am putting up exterior lights, sewer grates and manhole covers. Next will be the roof vents, air conditioner units and piping.

I have a real nice car on order with the hood open and a female leaning over the engine compartment. It will be substituted for the pickup.

I tried to use some water decals but I really didn’t like the way they looked so I removed them.

Back