Ho scale Bachmann U36B help.

Twinboystrains

I recently received this engine from my neighbor. They knew I have trains so I decided to start an HO layout for my 6 year old twin sons. The motor will not turn, no lights either. Tried with 2 power packs. Track joints were tight on my short test track. Does anyone know if there's a frame that will fit? Looking to get away from the pancake motor and only 1 powered truck. Any help is appreciated.

They did offer a dual truck drive model for a while. It was noisy in the extreme, having all metal gears, and the frames tended to crumble to powder after a few years. It might be best to find an older Athearn U36B model, pull the motor out of the one you have, and tow it behind the powered engine to make a pair.

It's a good idea. Have done a Google search to see if any other frames from another manufacturer could be made to work...but no real results. I have re-shelled some of my N scale locos. But being new to HO, I'm asking if anyone has done this before.

I feel that my boys will run their current engines until they blow. I will keep the shells just in case I find a running one with a bad shell. Thanks for the advice.

Back