HO layout pics

CRIPES!:eek::mad:....i did it again....well...THIS is post 3.5, so i can post the rest of the pics that go with the post i wrote above.:eek: happy new year ALL!:D thanks:), -Dean

:eek:

WOW!

I just went thread the whole thread...WOW! Good Work!!!

Hey Dean,
If you get time paint up another one of those H16-44 in Milwaukee colors and send it over here. Great looking stuff can't wait to see more!!
:cool:

...and a HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too Sir! Those Trainmasters are really elegant machines, I wish I could've seen some in action. There were a few 'baby' Trainmasters rusting on the scrap track at Riverside Terminal (B&O), I could really kick myself for not getting pics of them when I had the chance (oh well they probably wouldn't have turned out that well anyway...)

Enjoyed the show, thanx for posting them!

dthurman, THANK YOU, for the kind words:). Andy, thanks:D, i don't have another Bachmann H16-44:p, however, the H12-44 Cary shell/engine i mentioned that i wanted to finish up this month i am doing as Milwaukee road engine #718. although its in UP colors, so you might not like it, i wouldn't sell it anyways.LOL!:p:D i think i posted these pics in another thread, but i am going to put them here if you haven't seen them to show you the progress i have made so far. sadly, at this time it is not much farther then you see it now. the last pic is the prototype.:D thank you Ken:D. i too, wish you would have gotten pics of those B&O H16-44's.;):D THANKS GUYS!:) -Dean

:D :D :D HOLY SMOKES!!!!

Wow Deano, does that look cool!!!! Everytime I look at your work it takes me back to a long time ago in a land far away. OK it was Madison:rolleyes: . But when I see your work it reminds me of what drew me to the trains in the first place!. Nice Work Man!!:cool:

Johnny

Dean, a Milwaukee trivia question for you:

How did it come about, that some Milwaukee diesels were painted in Union Pacific livery? At first I thought it was only passenger diesels that suffered this fate, but now I'm seeing it on freight units as well.

Enquiring minds want to know...:D

Good question Ken, is it possible that a merger was at sometime in the works? I don't ever recall reading about one.

Johnny, THANK YOU!, for the nice comments:D. Ken, "suffered this fate", meaning wearing UP colors?...THATS IT, THATS IT!..:pLOL!!:D..its time I made a confession, sure i REALLY like AND model CNW and Milwaukee road, HOWEVER, of the 3 roads I model,...UNION PACIFIC is -BAR NONE- MY favorite!:eek:;):D:p..(runs and hides behind 19'' monitor in hopes it will protect me from stones thrown by Ken, Johnny, Andy and god knows who else.:confused::rolleyes::p:D) THERE, I SAID IT!(ROFL!:D)...OK, now to answer Ken and dthurman's question, NO! there was no merger planned. for the life of me i cant remember why, but CNW and UP were having problems, so CNW was dropped, but UP still needed customers from the east and midwest coming into Chicago and then getting on their passenger trains to go west. they struck up a deal with the Milwaukee road to do this. in the deal they painted the Milwaukee equipment in UP colors that was to do this. in doing this it kept people UP minded through the whole trip.;) bottom line, Chicago was the farthest UP went east, and they wanted a piece of the eastern/ midwest market. by using the Milwaukee road, this was achieved. NOW SIRS, i think i will lick my wounds, and take a UP train off into the sunset.LOL!:D thanks:),-Dean *side note* Milwaukee #718 was used in Chicago to switch the Milwaukee passenger trains for this deal out.

Last edited by a moderator:
lginc said:
... Ken, "suffered this fate", meaning wearing UP colors?...THATS IT, THATS IT!..:pLOL!!:D....(runs and hides behind 19'' monitor in hopes it will protect me from stones thrown by Ken, Johnny, Andy and god knows who else.:confused::rolleyes::p:D)
Actually Dean, I've never felt that strongly for or against UP (even though I'm sure there are many who would insist I 'choose sides' :rolleyes: ) ... I was remembering my own experience as a B&O fan, when the first of the hood units appeared in Cheesie System livery rather than the elegant Enchantment Blue with yellow :eek: ... I was horrified, my attitude was that it made the prototype locos look like oversized LifeLike toy trains. The yellow band with orange resembled a slice of American cheese that somebody forgot to wrap and put back in the 'fridge.

( Uh-oh, maybe now I'd better hide behind the monitor...:p )

CSX_road_slug said:
Actually Dean, I've never felt that strongly for or against UP (even though I'm sure there are many who would insist I 'choose sides' :rolleyes: )
Ken, as you know, i wrote the post your response was to in fun. though its true about my liking UP, i tried to be humorous about it:D, and had fun writing it! seriously though, i am glad you feel this way. i for one hate NO roads. i ONLY model the three thats in my signature because they are my favorites;). i can find something really neat in just about EVERY road. one thing that just KILLS me though are the guys that say "i HATE UP, blaa,blaa,blaa".....and then they go and buy a DD40 or something else that ONLY UP HAD, and paint another road on it:confused: cripes, if it wasn't for UP, those engines and the like wouldn't have existed;). Pennsylvania RR, would i ever model it? NO!:eek:, do i hate them? HECK NO!:p:D, besides having FM units, they also had my favorite Baldwins the RF-16's, you know, the "sharks", to me these were truly AWESOME engines;):D. in MY eyes, we are all model railroaders and to say you "hate" a road just don't make sense as the bottom line is, its all about...trains;):D. sheew...ok, nuff said on my views on that matter. hey Ken, i have to side with you on the B&O paint scheme, i too like the one pictured below the best.;):D thanks:), -Dean

Last edited by a moderator:
That's my GIRL

Hey Dean,

Got your 'Heads-Up' P/M, so i checked it out!!! More cool stuff. I tried N scale once but quickly came to my senses:eek: . I have enough on my hands trying to do Half 'O'! The WSOR E shot in the first photo, last post on page four is great. I'm not sure which one it is either. They were identical except for being different:confused: !lol. Keep sharing what your dad and you are doing. It reminds me of the cool relationship that Grande and LGM have going:cool: !!

Johnny

That's my GIRL

Hey Dean,

Got your 'Heads-Up' P/M, so I checked it out!!! More cool stuff. I tried N scale once but quickly came to my senses:eek: . I have enough on my hands trying to do Half 'O'! The WSOR E shot in the first photo, last post on page four is great. I'm not sure which one it is either. They were identical except for being different:confused: !lol. Keep sharing what your dad and you are doing. It reminds me of the cool relationship that Grande and LGM have going:cool: !!

Johnny

OK I'm an idiot

Why I double posted I have no idea.

Deano,

Just when I think you can't impress me with anything else, you post the B&O unit!:cool: . I'm not much for modeling Eastern roads, but like you and Ken, I can appreciate a great looking engine. If I can't decide what side of the fence to come down on, I just stand at the fence watching trains:D :p :D :cool: .

Johnny

enjineerbill said:
Why I double posted I have no idea.
Deano,Just when I think you can't impress me with anything else, you post the B&O unit!:cool: . I'm not much for modeling Eastern roads, but like you and Ken, I can appreciate a great looking engine. If I can't decide what side of the fence to come down on, I just stand at the fence watching trains:D :p :D :cool: .Johnny
THANKS Johnny!...but cripes..:eek::DLOL!. i thought you had probably felt about the same as far as trains went;). true, i ONLY model UP, CNW and the Milwaukee road, and i can safely say they are the ONLY roads i will EVER model. HOWEVER, like i said above, there is REALLY neat things/stuff in EVERY road;):D. i just cant find it in me to say that i hate ANY particular road. as far as grande man and LGM, i too hope the continue building layouts together through their lives:). my dad is 67, and i am 40, when i was young, like LGM, we did layouts, then as a teen i got away from it(girls etc.), and after i got out of school i moved to Florida and was there till i moved back 5yrs ago. now dad and i have been making up for lost time with a VENGEANCE!;):D my son and i live only about 2 miles from dad, makes it nice. i just hope LGM don't miss out on the times i did....ANYWAYS, thanks for the kind words Johnny:) -Dean

Hey Dean thanx for posting that E6 pic, I've got a P2K E8 painted in that scheme! I wanted to photograph it and post it yesterday, but it is in storage in my in-laws basement and I didn't have time to stop over there like I hoped...

CSX_road_slug said:
Hey Dean thanx for posting that E6 pic
NO problem Ken.:D i like that B&O paint scheme. i was looking through a couple of my pics folders, but that was the only example i could find. Ken, i have a PK2 E6, its one of my(many)favorite engines.;) the mars light on it is just slap AWESOME! thanks:), -Dean

lginc said:
NO problem Ken.:D i like that B&O paint scheme. i was looking through a couple of my pics folders, but that was the only example i could find. Ken, i have a PK2 E6, its one of my(many)favorite engines.;) the mars light on it is just slap AWESOME! thanks:), -Dean

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, Now if I could just strip it down and apply some green and yellow;) ,Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!LOL

Johnny

Back