Ho i weather my wood

kennyrach

I weather the wood model with India ink and alcohol and i make my own alcohol ink with Rite power dye and 91% alcohol for blue, green, red, yellow. Slate gray. If you want a fade color then use light black alcohol ink at 70% alcohol to 1tbs of black India ink to one pint alcohol. Then use light alcohol ink made with the dye for the wash color look.For if want driftwood look i use first white ink and 91% alcohol pic # 1 then i used gray paint dry brush on .once dry i then give a wash of ink and alcohol

I weather the wood model with India ink and alcohol and i make my own alcohol ink with Rite power dye and 91% alcohol for blue, green, red, yellow. Slate gray. If you want a fade color then use light black alcohol ink at 70% alcohol to 1tbs of black India ink to one pint alcohol. Then use light alcohol ink made with the dye for the wash color look.For if want driftwood look i use first white ink and 91% alcohol pic # 1 then i used gray paint dry brush on .once dry i then give a wash of ink and alcohol

Nice useful info, where did you find the 91% alcohol?

Matthew

Thanks for sharing. Looks great.

In the third shot, you are using black india ink for the wash?

I have a bottle of indelible black India ink. It says on the bottle that water can be used to dilute it; can I use this ink?

Back