HO Code 100 #8 Turnout Supplier?

modelbob

Administrator
I'm looking for some code 100 #8 turnouts. I know Atlas makes some nice code 83 #8's, but I'm modeling PRR and I want the mainline to be Code 100. (They used BIG rail back in the era I'm modeling).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking for some code 100 #8 turnouts. I know Atlas makes some nice code 83 #8's, but I'm modeling PRR and I want the mainline to be Code 100...

Here ya go Bob, right off the Atlas web site (online catalog):
HO CODE 100 #8 TURNOUT - NEW!
Item #0285 Code 100 #8 Mark 4 Turnout Left
Item #0286 Code 100 #8 Mark 4 Turnout Right

:D

[LATER EDIT:] Ooops I almost forgot, here's the link (scroll down to bottom of page 52):
http://download.atlasrr.com/48-55MiscHO&N.pdf

Can't see enough detail in that image to tell, what's not American prototypical about them?

I'm not certain, but I don't think the original Peco track had the correct tie spacing, though their new code 83 line is specifically advertised as American-based.

Walthers Code 100 No#8 Turnouts

I'm looking for some code 100 #8 turnouts. I know Atlas makes some nice code 83 #8's, but I'm modeling PRR and I want the mainline to be Code 100. (They used BIG rail back in the era I'm modeling).

Bob
I have both the Walters and Peco code 100 NO# 8 turnouts. They look completely different from one another. I got a good deal on the Walther shinohara's code 100's and bought 8 of them but their not DCC ready. I did a thread about this in the DCC section of the forum. They both look fine as long as you don't try to mix the two. In your search if you fine any Walther's code 100 NO# 8 curve turnouts I need two lefts. There almost impossible to find. I just looked at the Walthers site they have some NO#8's due in July 13, 2007 but not the curves.

NYC_George

Can't see enough detail in that image to tell, what's not American prototypical about them?

The radius is continuous, they don't straighten after the frog. someone said it makes them more toy like? and the tie spacing.

Ken.

I haven't been able to find anyone that actually sells these new Code 100 turnouts yet, anyone know where to find them? Or maybe they're not out yet...

I haven't been able to find anyone that actually sells these new Code 100 turnouts yet, anyone know where to find them? Or maybe they're not out yet...

They're not out yet. I couldn't even find them on the shipping schedule. Might be awhile :confused:

Back