Ho Bridges recommendation

jetdriver

Looking for a reasonably priced bridge which works well with WS's foam riser's and incline sets. I need one which will allow for track/train to run underneath with a clearance of around 4" height.
Any rec's would be greatly appreciated from those that have used these together.

Tks guys!

If you're just crossing a single track, the Atlas plate girder bridge will work fine. The Atlas through truss bridge is a really nice looking model if you want something that looks more heavy duty. Either would work fine with the WS risers.

I love using the Atlas plate girder bridges, they're economical, good looking and lend themselves to kitbashing well.
Here's a shot of an Atlas HO plate girder with the mid section removed, spliced together, and then inverted. The two outer spans are N scale versions of the same simply turned upside down. Scale 6X6 styrene strips are added to both sides of the ties, then ballasted.
It's also easy to splice the Atlas bridge peirs to fit into the terrain.
I sometimes cover some with styrene to simulate concrete instead of slab rock.

I also use Atlas plate girder bridges for all my bridge making. Thy're inexpensive and work well when cut apart.

Bill

Thanks a bunch fella's! I'll definitely look into the Atlas bridge line up. Appreciate it, once again!
Have a great night

I use both the Atlas plate girders and truss bridges on my Yuba River Sub with a lot of success. Also, look into the Central Valley through girder bridge if you're using it to cross another lower track. A little more expensive than the Atlas (though not by very much), and a little longer (I think about 73 scale feet), but they work very well. They come in an easy kit form and go together in about 15 minutes. Unlike the Atlas, the Central Valley bridge has a lattice-style see-through floor.

Tom

I don't mean to barge on the thread, but where would you get the foam risers you speak of? I am wanting to get some for my layout, but not sure where to get them. I believe they are the risers that I am thinking of. Do you by any chance have a pic of these risers? Thanks, and sorry for barging in on the thread like this.

thanks bro. I checked them out, and I think I am going to buy the foam sheets from them and use that to make my elevation change. I am going to buy enough so that I can do it really good.

thanks bro. I checked them out, and I think I am going to buy the foam sheets from them and use that to make my elevation change. I am going to buy enough so that I can do it really good.

Brakeman--the WS foam risers come in 2, 3 and 4% gradients, and in HO, rise to a height of about 4". WS also makes 2" and 4" level risers so you can stack grades as high as you want. On my own MR, I've stacked them to a height of 18" above table level. They're sturdy and hold up very well. Here's a picture of the elevation I've achieved with them--the upper track is 18" above table level, riding on WS risers hidden under scenery. It's sturdy enough to support my heaviest brass articulateds, and has been in service on my MR for over 7 years without any problems at all. Frankly, the product is a livesaver!

104193093.jpg

Tom

Back