Ho=1/87 ???

Muskieman

I was putting the finishing touches on my X-mas tree layout when a realized that the HO figures I got to go with my Structures don't match even though they said HO scale or this guy is 8 1/2 feet tall. I 'm not sure which. Does this happen happen often? or did I just get lucky?

Figures are well known to commonly be out of scale. Did you measure him? 3.5mm=1" in HO.

Where's the basketball scouts at? That guy can climb the roof with no problem. My dad sets up a Christmas layout every year I think the train is S or O. He bought figures from all over and none were the correct size.

Sometimes it's not the figures but the structures. European companies like Heljan and Faller are notorious for undersizing their structures so doors are like 5 feet tall and a two story building is only 10 scale feet tall. You should do as Josh suggested and measure both the figures and the structures and see which (or both) are really out of scale.

I've found that an adult figure in the standing position is 3/4 of an inch high.
If you remember that measurement for HO & carry a small metal or plastic ruler w/you when you hit the hobby shops & train shows you will never go wrong.

Larry

I was putting the finishing touches on my X-mas tree layout when a realized that the HO figures I got to go with my Structures don't match even though they said HO scale or this guy is 8 1/2 feet tall. I 'm not sure which. Does this happen happen often? or did I just get lucky?

I see you bought Lurch. :D

Seems to be about right compared to the barrel and pallet. Building looks smallish compared to the tracks.

Back