Hi to everyone

Handyman

Older Than Dirt
Hi everyone,

I'm Rick and just joined the forum. I have been interrested in trains since I was a kid. My great uncle was an engineer for the New York Central so the love of trains must run in the blood.:D

I really got bit by the bug in 1985 when a friend of mine gave me a Walthers HO catalog. Started collecting Athearn, Walthers and MDC rolling stock. I sure miss the "build up" kits.:(

Right now, I have around 400 pieces of rolling stock, 23 diesels and 4 loco's.
The only place I can run them is at the club because I just don't have the room to build a layout. Not much room in a mobile home.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone here and adding some input here on the forum.

Cheers,
Rick

Hi Rick, welcome to the Forum, you should find yourself right at home here!

So I guess you're into HO scale. Any particular roadname, era, region? Enqiring minds want to know...:D

Hi Ken,

You guessed right on that one. HO is the wayto go.;) Don't have any one particular road name. I am interrested in the B&O, CSX, SF and SP. Most of my stock is modern. I'm also interrested in West Virginia logging railroads.

Cheers,
Rick

Welcome aboard, Rick. That's a lot of equipment you have. Nice that you belong to a club where you can run some of it. Most of us have space problems, so don't feel bad. Have you thought of building small switching layout, maybe a 2x2? They can be a lot of fun and give you some layout building experience.

Hi Jim,

I do have some layout building experience. I helped build the layout at the club I used to belong to. All hand laid track on a 40 X 20 layout. I moved away and had to leave them behind. I was a active member for three years.

Right now I'm planning a 3X6 layout to build with my 11 year old grandson. He takes after grandpa when it comes to trains. Makes it easy at Christmas time. :D

Back