Hi From A Newbie In Northern England

Stu

Hi,

Im new to model rail in general, so I thought this might be the best place to start.

My current interest is building a very simple layout set somewhere in the midwest, probably in the 1950s. I was thinking about a very small fictional town in Iowa or Nebraska, served by the Rock Island Line. Something like a single main line with a couple of sidings serving a grain elevator (of course), a fuel depot and a team track. Also, a small passenger depot on the main would be nice. I was thinking that this could be run with a Budd RDC-3 for passenger and mail services, and a GP7 or GP9 for general freight. Does this sound like it could have been feasible on the prototype in that era?

I have a few track plans in mind. Would this be an appropriate place to post them for any constructive feedback?

This will be a long term project as a young and growing family mean that time, space and money is scarce at the moment!

In any case, hello to one and all and I hope you are all well. I would love to hear from you.

Stu R

Welcome Stu. Track plans are cussed and discussed here on a regular basis so have at it!. Fictional Nebraska sounds to me like the real thing. Enjoy the Board

I have a few track plans in mind. Would this be an appropriate place to post them for any constructive feedback?

Welcome aboard Stu!

Track plans are discussed in the "Layout Design and Construction" section.
Lots of friendly folks here to bounce ideas of off. :)

Back