Hi-Cube Hobbies

Hey everybody, I'm the guy modeling this stuff.

Thought I'd show my progress on the admiral cab:

c8b9f8fb042d683a0f51d50770a6c1eb.jpg

Sure, I can lend the Kato. I'll have to check to see whether Kato has changed or revised their design over the years. I have multiple runs of the Kato locomotive.

Do you just need the cab, or the entire engine/shell?

Ok, I compared the cab from the early runs, the current mid-production run, as well as the snoots. They all appear to be the same part, same dimensions, and same mount. I'll send you a cab from my project loco.

Please PM me on where to send it to.

Also, any plans on creating correct air conditioners for NS? No one really makes the correct style.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm modeling in 3DS Max. Not the best program to use for stuff like this, but I know it and use it for other purposes so it works.

Updated screenshots to come later.

Excellent ,I have several items on both my N and Z layouts designed by Stony Smith and produced by Shapeways.I am planning on buying a lot more especially if you do the BQ cab in n and HO scales.Ialready have a shopping list of Stony's stuff.:D

Well, it's that time again! I'm proud to show you this picture of the completed cab:

52f5029d41d9aafefde583bbf68ab433.jpg

We will be ordering one this week, and making sure it meets all requirements before opening them up to sales. This version will accept Kato window glass, but it will need to be snipped in a few areas to fit the positions of the admiral cab's windows.

Few small additions to the above post: the finished cabs should cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $25, and I'll probably scale it down to N eventually.

Back