Hey y'all from North Carolina!

I'm John from Kenly NC. I'm finally getting back into N scale Model RR after a 35 year hiatus, I see many things have changed since 1985!
Probably one of the biggest changes has been quality of operating. Modern "junk" runs ten times better than almost anything available in N in 1985. The only things from then that ran good were Atlas/Kato RS3 and RS11 models. Both are still available as vastly upgraded models today, with DCC and sound options.

BTW, I live in Winston Salem.

Welcome aboard John. We have a fair amount of N scalers here, although I am not one of them. For some small talk about railroads (model & real) and lots of other subjects, come visit us in the Coffee Shop and get to know some of us better. As Terry posted, N scale has come a long way since 1985, you'll be pleasantly surprised; although it hasn't gotten any bigger. ;)

Thanks for the welcome! My layout is going to be 12'X8X4' L conguration. I'm using Kato track, Diesels and later, Steam. I used the sale of my Bike to pay for my RR as I cannot ride anymore. I've been riding Motorcycles for 47 years, I have no regrets as I look forward to learning and building my RR.

Back