Here I go again!!

NZRMac

In Training Down Under.
Well I've started the bench work, no real plan on paper (or screen) but I'm building.

Of course I had to build a gate!!
P1030406_Medium_.JPG

And make it fit around the desk (again)
P1030407_Medium_.JPG

P1030408_Medium_.JPG

I'm thinking of a couple of reverse loops in here, one on top of the other and not put the backdrop right at the back.
P1030409_Medium_.JPG

P1030411_Medium_.JPG

Ken.

Looks great!!...You must do the cutting in the garage. Because I don't see one speck of sawdust!...Very Nice!...Maybe hook up a web cam and we'll watch you work!....and on that calendar, does it say on each date "Work on layout!"?

Keep up the great work and keep us posted!

Looks great!!...You must do the cutting in the garage. Because I don't see one speck of sawdust!...Very Nice!...Maybe hook up a web cam and we'll watch you work!....and on that calendar, does it say on each date "Work on layout!"?

Keep up the great work and keep us posted!

Yeah I set my mitresaw up in my workshop/garden shed, the assembled benches come in the window!!

Work is slow, can't be noisey in the evenings Brigette asleep across the hall, work all day, so I have been popping home for lunch and doing abit.;)

Ken.

Can I hire you to build a gate for me? Right now I'm wincing every time I pass the place I'll need to put one....

I like the benchwork. Very creative on what appears to be medium or maybe small size room. What scale is your railroad going to be? In all I will say Excellent work!
PS, is that a wrecked Locomotive on the door? YIKES

Thanks guys, it's lunch time so I might get a bit done:D

Jeff, just do it!! I find if I ponder to long the problem gets worse.

Ken.

WOW! interesting.
Just aways Off Topic, they had one of your fellow countrymen on the local sports radio. It was Scott Dixon. He's an awesome racer and won at watkins glen last weekend and is one of my favorite race car drivers. Sorry everybody, I will talk about Trains for now on, but I just wanted to give a thumbs up for New Zealand :)

WOW! interesting.
Just aways Off Topic, they had one of your fellow countrymen on the local sports radio. It was Scott Dixon. He's an awesome racer and won at watkins glen last weekend and is one of my favorite race car drivers. Sorry everybody, I will talk about Trains for now on, but I just wanted to give a thumbs up for New Zealand :)

Isn't he doing well, I follow alot of racing here too mainly V8 supercars from Australia.

Ken.

Cool, gearheads/model railroaders. I'm not alone then :) I haven't had enough time lately to follow all of the racing circuits like I wanted to. I've seen maybe a few F1 races, 1 or 2 IRL races, and about 4 or 5 NHRA events.

I'm very glad you are back at it, Ken. You had me worried for awhile:eek:. I see that your gate is in a curve. That is something I had wondered about since I would like to do the same thing in my new room setup. I will probably get back to you soon on the how's...soon as I repair.Ha!:D

Have you found that curry recipe? We have the chops in the freezer and you are invited.:D

I had Jan looking for a recipe but no luck so far? I'll remind her. (shes in new curtains frame of mind at the moment):rolleyes:

I haven't worked out the possible radius around the gate yet, but I can add to it if necessary.

Ken.

DCC controlled sliding staging

Well a little more progress this week

I thought I'd start with somewhere to come from and go to, Staging!! where to put it in 9 x 11 room?? make it slide!! got the idea from a guy over in the MR forum.

I added two electric motors which drive a 5mm thread which pushes and pulls the whole baseboard back and forth. The baseboard is mounted on ballbearing drawer runners.

The runners and motors are from Fisher & Paykel Dishdrawer http://fp.co.nz/global/kitchen-products/dishwashing/dishdrawer.cfm

The motors are controlled from a Lenz decoder. It's a prototype and needs alittle work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77PF8ZYqjX8

Ken.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back