Here comes the MadCow Executives...

enjineerbill

Avid People Watcher
Well, the Suits have arrived in Dachshundville on their very own 'special' train. The train stopped on highway 26 to let the MadCow Honchos off to visit with the towns' customers. I took some time to walk around and shoot the visit.

The train has just arrived and is stopped to offload the suits. Although these F7's have appeared on the system before, I believe this is the first time they have been lashed back to back.
View attachment 3214

Same situation just from the other side of the tracks.
View attachment 3215

Every once in a while, my "artsy-fartsy" side takes over and I try to get 'creative'.
View attachment 3216

Even though this isn't a train shot, I found it interesting. This guy just standing, reflecting on who knows what.
View attachment 3217

Well the crew tells me that tomorrow they will run a 'shippers' special. Man it sure gettin busy around here!!;)

Hope you enjoy,

Johnny

Oh Yeh,.....

I almost forgot to include the only shot of the trailing unit I could get. After they backed up to clear the crossing I went back by the Little Tiddle River to get this shot of the 427.
View attachment 3218

I couldn't wait for them to leave to get any shots of the consist, such as life.

Johnny

CSX_road_slug said:
.......It speaks volumes about how insignificant each one of us really is, when you consider our ultimate end!

Thanks Ken,

You get it. We are just specks in the big picture.

Johnny

Ouch, Johnny! It's painful to sit here with my jaw dropped open like this!!!!! Your work AND your images are just plain super. Yes. Contest material, without a doubt.

JeffShultz said:
What did you use to make the overhead telephone/power lines?

Fantastic....

Thanks Jeff,

The material I use is called "Beadstring" no-stretch nylon. I believe Beadsmith is the trademark name. I get it at Hobby Lobby and it is size six(6). And the color is black. It is onlty $2.00 for an 18yd card of it. Look in bead supplies at craft stores if you don't have a Hobby Lobby. Hope this helps.

Johnny

Last edited by a moderator:
Lady_Railfan said:
Ouch, Johnny! It's painful to sit here with my jaw dropped open like this!!!!! Your work AND your images are just plain super. Yes. Contest material, without a doubt.

Claudia, you are too kind. Thank You!! I am thankful to be able to share my work and in return learn so much by having others share as well.

Johnny

P.S. Stacey is cosidering a Small garden railroad. She asked the other day if we could look at some stuff!!!:cool:

WOW! Absolutely awesome work. Thanks for sharing it. I too like that 4th. picture and the story it conveys.

enjineerbill said:
P.S. Stacey is cosidering a Small garden railroad. She asked the other day if we could look at some stuff!!!:cool:
Hey, Stacey, GO GIRL!!! I might be able to offer some tips aout that in a week or three. :)

Haulin'.........brass!!!

Holy cow!!! I heard scanner chatter and thought I heard the Dispatcher call the "Cash Cow One", which is what the shippers special is branded by management. So I raced down track side to my favorite spot at the elevator just in time to catch the rarest yet!! Evidently the freight business is keeping the MadCow power tied up, so I was treated to some rarely seen power!!

Here is the CNW SD-40T-2 #8960 with dynamics in full scream as she slows to about 50mph through Dachshundville!! (Passenger speeds are 10mph more) I could barely believe my eyes!
View attachment 3219

And as if THAT wasn't enough, Look what was trailing. The CNW FP-45B #8!!
This train was moving and it was all I could do to get this shot. Those dynamics sounded AWESOME:cool: !
View attachment 3220

What a catch! I wish I could've got a better shot of these units but I guess they were tryin' to impress customers with the good rail on this line. And besides, what goes up(St. Paul/Minneapolis).must come down(Chicago).and they have to pass through here to get there!!;)

Havin' fun, Playin' with Trains:) ,

Johnny

Lady_Railfan said:
Hey, Stacey, GO GIRL!!! I might be able to offer some tips aout that in a week or three. :)

Claudia,

I'll tell her your the 'Go To' gal. When it comes to garden railways...I'm a great hockey player!!:eek:

Johnny

Back