Help with Lionel 3-rail die-cast trucks/coupler products...

nweiler

Hi,

Could someone please tell me what die-cast truck/coupler sets come on Lionel's modern 17000 and 27000 series Standard-O Die-cast, 2-bay, offset hoppers? They don't look like the older 6-14078 Standard-O "Bettendorf" trucks with the pull-down tabs, nor do they look like the more modern 6-14251 Roller Bearing trucks, with the rotating bearing caps and recessed, hidden uncoupling tabs.

I can't find them for sale separately, and can't find a Lionel product ID number for them. They seem to have the hidden uncoupling tabs, but with the "Bettendorf" style side frames.

Thanks very much,
Norm

Could someone please tell me what die-cast truck/coupler sets come on Lionel's modern 17000 and 27000 series Standard-O Die-cast, 2-bay, offset hoppers? They don't look like the older 6-14078 Standard-O "Bettendorf" trucks with the pull-down tabs, nor do they look like the more modern 6-14251 Roller Bearing trucks, with the rotating bearing caps and recessed, hidden uncoupling tabs.

I can't find them for sale separately, and can't find a Lionel product ID number for them. They seem to have the hidden uncoupling tabs, but with the "Bettendorf" style side frames.
The part number is 6107414050
Description SCALE TRK / 50T / NO COLL (CPLR 1.96")
Price $12.00
Unfortunately they are marked as "Unavailable" from Lionel. So you might have to go hunting through the hobby shops hoping someone has them in inventory.

Hi Iron Horseman,

Thanks for your reply. I had emailed Lionel Cust Support just after posting this query, and they provided the same part#, with a link to the part on their site...

https://www.lionelsupport.com/Repla...lter&q=6107414050&match=0&submitButton=Search

It showed the #6107414050 to be unavailable, but the rep stated that the one I wanted was #6107414020, which was in stock. I've already ordered and received them. These items are considered parts, and do not carry a 6-xxxxx product ID, as some of their other die-cast truck sets do.

Thanks for your help,
Norm

The Lionel 6-170xx and 6-270xx Standard-O Offset Hoppers use Lionel's modern Bettendorf trucks with hidden uncoupler tabs (subject of this thread). I've compared these Lionel parts system trucks to the original factory issue, and they are identical. I recently obtained 2 Reading hoppers which had been converted to 2-rail, with Atlas-O parts. I'll be converting them back to original Lionel 3-rail with these Lionel part-system trucks.

Best regards,
Norm

The Lionel 6-170xx and 6-270xx Standard-O Offset Hoppers use Lionel's modern Bettendorf trucks with hidden uncoupler tabs (subject of this thread). I've compared these Lionel parts system trucks to the original factory issue, and they are identical. I recently obtained 2 Reading hoppers which had been converted to 2-rail, with Atlas-O parts. I'll be converting them back to original Lionel 3-rail with these Lionel part-system trucks.
Thanks good to know if the subject should come up again.

Back