Help to id these engines

Yeah I know they are GP38s but Whose engines are they? By the time this picture was taken they had all there GP 38s painted in their current scheme. You can see one in a different view.

can you take a screenshot and post it? I don't see what you're talking about.

I will to try when i get home. But in the mean time when you click the link, it brings up an arial map. try to center the screen where the engine house is on Hammond St. Click "Birds eye View". You should be able to see them them. you can use the tools to the right to zoom and rotate the view.

I was playing with Bing maps and did a birds eye view of the Providence and Worcester engine house. In one of the views you can see four engines, they look like GP38s or 40s. Two are orange and two are blue. Can any one ID these as to who they belong or used to belong to? The link below is the link from the view I was seeing, hope it works. Thanks.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.as...uMjQ5MDc3Mjc5MTIwOSU3ZS03MS44MTMxNzEzMjE4NjI0

Im pretty sure those were owned by a company called LLPX? P&W were leasing thema whiloe back i believe. I dont know what LLPX stands for but ive gotten emails from railfans who had taken pictures of one of the orange locos. ill email someone i know and get back to you on this, good question tho!

okay so I emailed my friend and he sent me a picture of one of the orange locos at the P&W engine house. Im just asking him if i have permission to show you, but it is indeed from LLPX. Theyre a leasing company, but im not too sure exactly what P&W was doing with them at the time. But once P&W's 2008 comes out of the paint shop in Plainfield, that one orange engine is going to get painted blue, supposidely. We're not to sure about the blue one tho in that satellite pic. Ill post again with the picture when my friend emails me back.

LLPX is the Locomotive Leasing Partners company. Guilford/Pan Am was leasing from them a while back. MBTA also leased one a long time ago for switching.

okay so I emailed my friend and he sent me a picture of one of the orange locos at the P&W engine house. Im just asking him if i have permission to show you, but it is indeed from LLPX. Theyre a leasing company, but im not too sure exactly what P&W was doing with them at the time. But once P&W's 2008 comes out of the paint shop in Plainfield, that one orange engine is going to get painted blue, supposidely. We're not to sure about the blue one tho in that satellite pic. Ill post again with the picture when my friend emails me back.

NateL,

Thank you very much for that info. If you find out more and defiantly please post that picture if you can, let me know. Kevin

No problem Kevin, and heres the picture my friend sent me. Hope the attachment works haha, ive never added a pic into any of the replies...but this is most likely that engine you see in the satellite pic, well one of them anyway, and it was taking behind the engine house just like where those engines were in the picture you have

**photo courtesy of NICK PALAZINI**

Yep that is it, Thanks again Nate. Judging by the date of the picture, it is a recent shot. I wonder if they are for the new coal run I was talking with another person about. He had told me P&W were leasing units for a coal run in Mass.

Yep that is it, Thanks again Nate. Judging by the date of the picture, it is a recent shot. I wonder if they are for the new coal run I was talking with another person about. He had told me P&W were leasing units for a coal run in Mass.

Yea that could possibly be what theyre for. I live in Lincoln, Rhode Island pretty close to the part of Cumberland, RI where they have the yard that they run PRWO and other frieght out of, and a week or so ago they did a test coal run along with the frieght one night supposidely to test new trackage or a new route for Bow or the Mount Tom coal runs, not exactly too sure tho. But I cant wait till the coal trains come back, I always love seeing those :)

Glad I could help, Kevin.

Back