Help, I am just starting

RailJunky

Hey Guys and Gals! I am just starting to become a model railroaded, and I am really excited. I stumbled upon this website, startmodeltrains.com, which looks pretty helpful. Have any of you used something like this to get started? I am sure I will pick up many tips here. Thanks for the read!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to meet you Junky😉 Just getting back into the hobby myself after 20 years hiatus, these guys and gals have been a huge help, my thanks to All 👍 I recommend checking out any and all sites, each one has pros and cons, but most importantly you will find the different methods of construction from start to finish and be able to decide what is best for you personally. Always remember to ask on here when in doubt, an answer will be forthcoming. Like I said, the peeps here a huge help…

Welcome!
Looking at the link, seems to be they want money for what you can find here for free. Maybe their presentation allows you to see something in a different light and could be useful. Regular price is $67 per eBook if I read that right, 1/2 that price if you order now. Hmmmm marketing at its best. As a suggestion, give this group a chance first as there is a ton of information available from everybody and you will get different slants on it all. Do not be afraid to combine ideas or trash one you don't like. Always remember - ask, ask ask.

Welcome aboard !
index.php

Welcome!

I’ve always loved trains and I’ve had plenty of them but up until recently I’ve never dubbed myself a “true” model railroader. I just “completed” my first layout, a 1’ x 4’ N scale switching layout. It was a great test run and gave me a chance to learn many tips and tricks about the hobby. I also made many mistakes which will help me out just as much.

Since you’re new, my best piece of advice is start small and work up from there. Allow yourself to make mistakes and don’t beat yourself up.

As Ctclibby stated, start here for your info. It’s a wonderful forum with many knowledgeable people who can provide a lot of help.

Back