Help finding 2-inch pink foam

Charles Smiley

cspmovies
I can't find anyone in the San Fernando Valley (CA) that carries the extruded pink foam sheets. I've tried every lumber yard, Lowes, Roofing and insulation suppliers and plastic suppliers.

Anyone here in the SF Valley know of a reliable source near the Northridge, Chatsworth area?

I have read before on many forums going back to "The Gauge" and "Atlas" days, that 2" foam is virtually unavailable in CA.

Willie

Yep. No blue either. Too much warm weather here to expect much insulation I guess.

This doesn't help you either, but here in Queensland, which is similar to where you are, insulation from the heat is more important than from the cold, especially if your house/building is air conditioned. We had our ceiling space done a few years ago and we were home when it was done. The installer said to us that we'd feel the difference as the covering went in and we did. The manufacturers are missing out on a market.

Try the area around Mt. Shasta and up in the northern hills. People need insulation there. You may have a road trip ahead of you.

Anyone think of checking home depot or lowes for this item , I've seen it - finding 2-inch pink foam - here at home depot and lowes in GF, NY .

BCK RR

Anyone think of checking home depot or lowes for this item , I've seen it - finding 2-inch pink foam - here at home depot and lowes in GF, NY .

BCK RR

They don't carry it here. It seems to be a regional thing. Good luck finding snow shovels here too.

All they have is this crummy 1/2-inch thick pink foam with a tinfoil backing.

I believe you can special order it through Home Depot. Call them and ask if they can special order it for you.

I would see if you can purchase from the web sires of Lowes or HD and have it delivered to the store near you for pickup. See if that works

Someone at Smith Bros. Hobby shop said I should try Foam Mart in N. Hollywood. They have what I want in stock. Funny that when I called Owens Corning hotline info they didn't come up with any stocking suppliers.

HS Supply/White Cap carries the 2 foot wide by 8 foot long by 2 inch thick panels. They are used in concrete forming. Its the DOW blue stuff rather than the Owens Corning pink stuff. There is a White Cap store in Chatsworth.

Thanks whoway.

UPDATE: Well, here's the initial progress on the extruded foam scenery on the layout's new extension.
HILL-RANGE-1.jpg

Back