Help Evaluating What's Pictured Here

bigB

Hey guys,

I'm an HO modeler. I have little experience w O gauge and the value of older items. A buddy of mine has access to purchase some of the following pieces. I'm trying to give him an idea of their worth so he can formulate an offer. Any help is appreciated...

Brad

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 287
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 278
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 282
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 294
I'm an HO modeler. I have little experience w O gauge and the value of older items. A buddy of mine has access to purchase some of the following pieces. I'm trying to give him an idea of their worth so he can formulate an offer. Any help is appreciated.
I would have said the first two pieces look standard-gauge rather than O-gauge. Both pre-war.

The pale blue one used to be a "blue comet" looks prewar, but it is in such poor shape I doubt it has much value. Even restored it would not have the same value as one in original good condition.

Over all it would take some pretty serious research to determine what the items are worth, and more to decide what one is willing to pay for them. I got a standard gauge IVES set (like the second photo - loco and 2 cars) in original box, probably about the same quality, at a sale in 2012 for $10.

Back