Hello there:-)

Eleni

im new here, and just mulling over the possibility of making a model train with all the fixings for my little boy inspired by a discussion I had with a friend this evening.

his name is Grandpa Coyote around here I believe, anyhow I have a 4 year old son who is autistic and absolutely head over heels in love with trains and anything of the like. He has a bunch of thomas the train gear that he adores, but I am thinking its time to start him up with a hobby that includes his love, so here is my entrance into this wonderful world of trains :)

for now I am just looking over the wealth of information [and boy is there alot here!!] but I wanted to introduce myself :)

Eleni

Welcome Eleni! Hope you've got a comfy chair. There is alot of info, and great people on here. They've made me feel @ home and I'm sure will make you feel that way too.

Hi Eleni, and welcome to our forums. We're a friendly group so if there's something you want to ask, just post the question and some of our knowledgeable members will be happy to help out.
Your friend Grandpa Coyote is a regular poster here on the forum. He does excellent work, a good friend to have and no doubt can steer you in the best direction while you do your planning. So make yourself at home here, you'll fit right in.

Cheers Willis

Hi,

This is my 9-year-old autistic son.

traincity17.gif

However, this is his prefered layout.

shanelayout01.gif

shanelayout02.gif

shanelayout03.gif

shanelayout04.gif

shanelayout05.gif

Eleni
Welcome to the Forum, any questions just ask away, my nephew (3) is autistic and he loves Thomas the tank engine more than any other toy he's got.

Eleni, Just wanted to add my voice to those who have already welcomed you to both the forum and the hobby. Grampa Coyote I'm sure will steer you in the right direction in the hobby. Any time you have a question, just ask and many of us will respond to "confuse" you....... er, ah.... help you! ;) :D

just watched a TV news report about Thomas the tank engine and how it apears to be helping autistic children here in the UK, according to the report, the faces on the loco's help children identify and interprate different facial expresions. The have made a DVd and given it to forty families for a trial run, the faces are actual peoples faces that have been super imposed onto the loco's, and so far the trial has shown some amazing results, let's hope they are right.

just watched a TV news report about Thomas the tank engine and how it apears to be helping autistic children here in the UK, according to the report, the faces on the loco's help children identify and interprate different facial expresions. The have made a DVd and given it to forty families for a trial run, the faces are actual peoples faces that have been super imposed onto the loco's, and so far the trial has shown some amazing results, let's hope they are right.

I hope its right as well.

my son certainly spends a lot of time with his Thomas trains, he ever takes his Thomas to bed.

welcome Eleni my grandson Jayden is four yr's old also autistic and love thomas ! when seeing my layout he says toot toot papa toot toot!:D or when he hears a train whistel

Back