Hello, New Here

Ernie

Hello,
I just joined here as I am going to embark on one of my bucket list items and build, complete, and run an HO scale layout. I have always been interested in trains, and as a kid had several train sets, and started building a layout in the basement with my fathers help. It was a simple tabletop layout and while we got trains running the scenery and structures were never finished. So, one of my bucket list items is to build and finish an operating layout. I have limited space to do this, which is fine as I don't have grandiose plans. It will be set in southern / central New Hampshire and interchange with the B&M. I am no stranger to modeling, however a lot has changed on the model railroading side of the hobby so I have a lot to learn and a lot of questions as I start this adventure!

Welcome to the Forums Ernie. Lots of friendly folk to help you along here. Info freely and willingly given. Shall I say enthusiasticaly given. But remember one thing. While you're moving around, keep your feet well away from that bucket.

Welcome to the Forum Ernie. You'll find a lot of knowledgeable modelers on this Forum. Just ask us questions and we'll happy to help you.

Greg

Thank you all so much for the welcoming replies! They are very much appreciated. I am sure I will have plenty of questions as I gear up and get going here. I have a few few small projects I am planning as a way to get my feet wet again!

Greetings. Any questions just ask.

I have my HO and my grandson's N-scale layouts at my house. I've found a lot of things that correspond between these to scales and the older Lionel trains I had in HS.

Welcome to the forum, Ernie! Some (OK, most) of us are a little weird, but you'll get used to us!
Remember: The only stupid question is the one you don't ask!
There are two main rules in model railroading:
Rule #1: Your layout, your rules. If you like it, run it!
Rule #2: Always remember rule #1.

Back