Hello, my name is Shawn...

SRT

...and I'm addicted to model railroading.

Just figured I should introduce myself before I go messing up your neatly woven threads with my usual foot-in-mouth disease.

My main interests lie in both N and HO, but just about anything with rails gets me up in the morning. Scenery is my personal forte, while prototypical operation and track design often have me using the phrase "Could you say that in English?".

I'm another Crazy Canuck, western prototype, with a passion for the Canadian Pacific and the (now defunct) Kettle Valley Railway.

That about sums it up. Catch ya later,

SRT.

Welcome to the forum Shawn.

Just figured I should introduce myself before I go messing up your neatly woven threads with my usual foot-in-mouth disease.
They aren't too neatly woven...........I post every once in a while.
haha4.gif

-Smoke

Welcome to the forum Shawn! I think you'll find it more relaxed here then you're thinking. ;)

Yep, I too have the "disease". I think you'll find this forum much friendlier than some of the industrial-strength barrooms across the street (not naming any names though....;) )

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your trip and be sure to keep your hand and feet in the car at all times.

I also model in HO and my favorite aspect of the hobby is the scenery. I haven't gotten to that step yet on the layout my Dad and I are building, but it should be happening very soon.

Again, have fun here. We're a pretty easy group to get along with.

and I'm addicted to model railroading.

Hi Shaun, and welcome. I'm afraid we don't have a cure for the addiction here as we haven't found anyone who wanted to be cured. :D
I'm afraid some of our neatly woven threads wind up like nylon stockings with runs in them, but as long as no one is offended I guess it's ok Foot in mouth disease, ah! well we've all had it so join in, just be yourself and enjoy

smiley-cheers.png
Willis

Hi Shawn! Welcome and very nice you could join us.
Sorry, there are no 12 steps or Big Book to help with your addiction, but plenty of guidance and fellowship. One thing for certain: you are not alone!:D :D

Hi Shawn , It's always good to hear from our neighbors up North I live a stones throw from Canada . Hope to see your posts !!!

Thanks, everyone.

It's nice to run into friendly places like this, even if they are virtual places. As someone who drove taxi for more than a decade, I can tell you there are enough "bad places" already. No need to make more on the 'net.

Oddly enough, I haven't done much modeling of late. But after discovering all the railroad videos on YouTube, that old familiar itch started, well, itching. Fortunately, I never throw anything away and all the stuff was right there in the cupboard where I left it. A very big cupboard. Floor to ceiling and 4 feet wide. Oh, where to begin?

SRT.

Back